• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You're correct 85$ is not chump change. Neither is the 105$ I paid Shark Tac. I mistakenly did not check out the website before hand. Just ASSumed since they had been at The 1500 for years they were reputable. Clearly my mistake. I agree with Camera monkey on the arm twisting as well. I'm not saying I agree with this dodgy customer satisfaction business model or that I'll do business with them again. I am saying I'll give them the chance to fulfill this order I've already placed. We'll go from there. I do plan on snagging a phantom holster from Raven for another gun and look forward to a comparison between the two.

Definitely keep us all posted on how it works out, when you get your rig and how it compares when you get a shot at doing some side by side stuff. There really are some quality makers out there and it is nice because everybody can find what they like and feel like their loyalty is rewarded somehow. Sadly you get cases like yours and many others where people have waded into the mix hoping to make their mark in the gun world only to fail at the most important part of it...getting your product into the hands of the people that want it/paid for it in a timely fashion without a world of excuses about why it didn't happen.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    So I got home today and there was a package at the door. It was my holster. No note, no email replies. When I opened it I was a little bummed at first because I thought all of the versa Tac models would have three rivets on each side (so you could adjust the clips up or down if needed for cant) maybe not for the xds pattern as this one just has two rivets on each side. Anyway, I put it on immediately and started wearing it. I really like it. The retention is perfect. Easy in easy out, but still holds the gun very securely. The clips are easy to put on my belt and not too tough to take off. The curve of the holster is a little aggressive. I'm 6' 240lbs so ill probably heat the wings up a bit and make it more my circumference. This is my first wholly kydex holster all others are crossbreed, remora, or all leather. So far I think I'm really going to like it and it seems very nice. I like that you can just flip the clips to the other side to make it an ITB holster or an OTB holster. It's too bad for the lack of communication between the company and its customers. An answered email would go a long way for most of the grievances I've heard from several people against these guys. Anyway, I guess to sum it up...product seems nice. Without the scare of thinking I was about to be swindled I would have been impressed with this local business. I'm grateful my holster was shipped to me in the end and thanks most of all to INGO members for assistance and advice.

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    From what I heard the shark tac guys asked Raven to show them the ropes with Kydex, saying they were just going to make knife sheaths. RCS showed them a few things, and then shark tac showed up making holsters at the next show, that is where the shirts came in. Unfortunately RCS doesn't come to the 1500 anymore, so there is no comparable holster there. I used a couple other companies' pancake style kydex holsters for awhile and never found one that was close until Henry Holsters upped his game and started doing vacuum formed stuff, that stuff is nice!!!!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    From what I heard the shark tac guys asked Raven to show them the ropes with Kydex, saying they were just going to make knife sheaths. RCS showed them a few things, and then shark tac showed up making holsters at the next show, that is where the shirts came in. Unfortunately RCS doesn't come to the 1500 anymore, so there is no comparable holster there. I used a couple other companies' pancake style kydex holsters for awhile and never found one that was close until Henry Holsters upped his game and started doing vacuum formed stuff, that stuff is nice!!!!

Do you do the Facebook and follow Henry's Holsters? Dude bought himself a nice CNC machine and is branching out into all kinds of ventures! Good dude, too.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Their contact info on the bottom of their website.

SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems
    U.S.
    Earth
    Milky Way

Yea...

That has to be the shadiest contact page I have ever seen. RUN from this guy, because I think he named his company appropriately... He IS a shark!

Top Bottom