• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hi guys,

Several of you donated last year to help purchase new .22 rifles for Camp Potawotami in Lagrange county. They have been well used and been a HUGE hit with all the kids. No parents have had issues and the kids (boys and girls) love them. They run through about 500 rounds a week, for 8 weeks straight.

They shoot .22 short CBs and they are getting hard to find.

I am looking for help with two things:

Does anyone have any CB sitting around they would like to donate to the next generation of Hoosier shooters, or

Would anyone like to donate to purchase some. 22short CBs. Britton at 21st Century Firearms has been working to track some down.

Hit me via PM if you would like to donate. You WILL get a receipt for tax purposes.

Russ

BTW, The rifles we bought last year, that were named (engraved on the stocks) for a service member, are discussed with the young shooters on a regular basis.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I do not intend to criticize this very beneficial program so please do not take this question as such. Why use CB's instead of standard .22 LR which can be purchased in bulk packs for less expense?

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good question Meltonlaw. I asked the same question.

Apparently the way the riflery program is set up it uses .22 short CBs- no hearing pro required. Lighter bullets, shorter travel distance if they go out of the range area etc. Its something they have protocols all set up for, nation wide.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    If I was working I would donate to this program it is good to see the youth getting involved in shooting.

If I can help in any other way please let me know.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If I was working I would donate to this program it is good to see the youth getting involved in shooting.

If I can help in any other way please let me know.

If you have YMCA camps in your area requesting that they bring back the rifle programs would be great. Imagine the effect of many camps bringing this back. Camp directors probably should be the starting point.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    The very Southwestern corner of Carroll County (or Southeastern corner of White County, depending on which way you look at the map) is home to YMCA Camp Tecumseh, and they have a full riflery program with Savage Bolt-Action .22 rifles..

If I could find CB Shorts, I'd be glad to help out. I'll check out the shops in Monticello when I head up there later on..

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    1) Aguila Colibris - seriously these things make less noise than a BB gun - $30/brick and available. You might still want hearing protection with the Super Colibris though.

2) If you haven't already, you should apply for a grant from the NRA Foundation/Friends of the NRA. They support Hoosier Scout Troops, 4H Shooting Sports, etc. with hundreds of thousands of dollars donated every year in Indiana. If you have any questions e-mail John Crone, his contact info is on the NRA website.

Top Bottom