• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Dare somebody to post the first mall ninja paragraph on that site into general firearms. See just how hard INGO would flame you.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Now I am no Mall Ninja, but I have vowed to thwart terrorist activities and lay my life on the line everyday. Its no Cakewalk defending a bowling alley every Friday and Saturday. But its worth it knowing I keep the good patrons safe. I want you all to know that if you bring trouble to my bowling alley....I'll drop you.

Lol

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Now I am no Mall Ninja, but I have vowed to thwart terrorist activities and lay my life on the line everyday. Its no Cakewalk defending a bowling alley every Friday and Saturday. But its worth it knowing I keep the good patrons safe. I want you all to know that if you bring trouble to my bowling alley....I'll drop you.

Lol

Do you work for/know Bobby Washington?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Not really. Sig, Glock, Smith, and FNH all offer guns that are arguably as good or better.

I've often wondered why people go out of their way to put a big "L" on their forehead on Internet forums. You'll have to decide why you want to do that to yourself.....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mall ninja=Internet gag started by a clerk at a well-known gun store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Now we would call it a "troll" thread on a popular board for a particular brand of handgun.

The clerk in question reached a breaking point over all the manure being spread in his gun shop (I wuz a SEEL Sniper Ranger in the Viet Nam, twicet my platoon was wiped out and every single one of them had a cleaning rod in his M16, ad naseum) over guns so to vent he created the "mall ninja".

Urban Dictionary: mall ninja

Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

Heckler and Koch has a reputation of being wanted by those who know very little of firearms and, concurrently, having wicked suck customer service and attitude regarding private citizens possessing firearms.

Heckler & Koch is the drop dead gorgeous 22 year old woman, mall ninjas are the enthralled 13 year old you cannot have her but are beside themselves with her.

I remember reading some, maybe most of those threads/posts a while back...:laugh:

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Don't know about the mall ninja thing but, I'll take an HK rifle or pistol ANY day over just about anything else. Loved one of the previous comments about people "who don't know about firearms buy HK"....that's probably one of the stupidest statements I've heard in a long while.

Do your research...REAL research, and you'll find that HK's are top shelf and anyone who thinks not either "can't afford" one or is one of those people "who don't know about firearms".

Amazed,

-G

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I considered H&K for my duty weapon, but ended up with a Sig P220.

Primarily due to the H&K handguns having an odd location for the mag release. Maybe its better/faster there once you get used to it. I'm simply too ingrained with the common location and am not willing to retrain myself at this point, especially since I have to remain proficient with the Glock. I don't want to find myself needing to reload and stabbing at the wrong place, because that's what I'm used to from Sig, Glock, CZ, 1911s, Beretta, etc.

Same reason I'm strongly considering replacing my BUG revolver. I'm now so ingrained with the Ruger push in cylinder release I sometimes fumble reloads with the S&W style push forward release.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    "who don't know about firearms buy HK"....that's probably one of the stupidest statements I've heard in a long while.

Do your research...REAL research, and you'll find that HK's are top shelf and anyone who thinks not either "can't afford" one or is one of those people "who don't know about firearms".

Amazed,

-G
    What research? Post a link to something explaining the vast HK superiority that wasn’t written by HK, a fanboy, or a gun magazine that never has something bad to say about anything. I would love to read it.

If by "top self," you mean the best, then no. If that is not what you meant, then yes they are sitting on that top shelf with other designs/manufacturers that are just as good, cost half the $$, have better customer service, better parts/accessories availability, and in some cases, better fill the intended role.

The part I bolded is on par with the quote you referenced.
    I have owned 3 HKs handguns, which I could afford. I got rid of them, and I don’t regret it. I would like to try the newer P30/HK45, but probably won’t anytime soon.
    HK rifles? Now that they finally have something available(supposedly) to civilians here, it'll be interesting to see how they stack up. The older stuff (HK91) was good, but no better than an FAL(which didn't chew up the brass). The MR556/MR762a1 are most likely good, quality rifles. Along the lines of a $1800-$2200 AR from another maker, unfortunately HK will charge $3k-$4k and people will pay. Because of the legend. The most recent review I read of the MR762A1 had it printing 1.1MOA groups, out of a $4k gun with Fed GMM. Not the performance I would expect out of a $4k gun.

HK is the new Colt. People buy into the legend. Just like there were guys who wouldn't buy an AR15 or a 1911 that wasn't a Colt because blah blah blah, now we have people talking the same way about HK.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Gonna have to agree. Not only do I own a USP and dislike it, but I've been consistently disappointed with every HK I have handled other than the MP5 (which is great if I ever have a need for a submachine gun that weighs the same and is just as large as the SBRed AR I'd rather be using)

Their pistols are reliable, but also bulky and have dismal triggers. On top of that they cost twice what a gun that doesn't have those drawbacks cost. Every time i shoot them I ask myself "why this over a Glock or M&P?" and have never heard a satisfactory answer.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Gonna have to agree. Not only do I own a USP and dislike it, but I've been consistently disappointed with every HK I have handled other than the MP5 (which is great if I ever have a need for a submachine gun that weighs the same and is just as large as the SBRed AR I'd rather be using)

Their pistols are reliable, but also bulky and have dismal triggers. On top of that they cost twice what a gun that doesn't have those drawbacks cost. Every time i shoot them I ask myself "why this over a Glock or M&P?" and have never heard a satisfactory answer.
    Plus, your SBR AR is likely more accurate than the MP5.

Top Bottom