• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I have yet to find an electronic set that work well indoors just by themselves. When I shoot indoors I use regular foam (or military style ”tree”) plugs in my ears with the electronic ones (Walkers) over my ears. Outdoors, the Walkers are great.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I have yet to find an electronic set that work well indoors just by themselves. When I shoot indoors I use regular foam (or military style ”tree”) plugs in my ears with the electronic ones (Walkers) over my ears. Outdoors, the Walkers are great.
    Yep, my walkers have been great up until recently. Interfering with my glasses and can’t figure it out why-glasses or muffs. Tried adjusting this and that for fit , maybe my head is just losing shape as I age. Thought id try something else this time. If they don’t work ill try another pair of walkers.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I have a set of the Otto Noizebarrier and they are great. A little pricey. I tried Axial when they came out and didn't like them. I had Peltor EEP and they are not as good as Otto.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have been using Peltor EEP-100s with the christmas tree silicone tips for 3-4 years now and am quite happy with them. Unfortunately, over covid the price nearly doubled. They're great but hard to say they're good enough for the current price.

I do replace the tips about every year. Many hundreds of hours with them including AR courses with a dozen other guys on the line.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    for hunting purposes or just simply wearing a hat with earpro, I use walker razor X - it's neck worn frame with electronic ear plugs, and some extra features that I don't really use. They come with a few plug sizes to help fitment. I'd recommend them but also open to a better option :twocents:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I

I love my Sordins with gel cups for over the ear. The Otto Noizebarriers are amazing if you’re open to in ear.

Ditto. The gel cups are much better at fitting over glasses. I usually just wear my Otto's, but will put the Sordins on over them indoors or when the big guns with comps are close.

Tried Axils several years back and the level of static noise was terrible.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Anyone use the Axil extreme 2.0? Any good? Is there something better? My Walker muffs are starting to bother my glasses and have to be constantly adjusted.
    I've got a pair that I really like. Have had 2 pair of walkers. One failed after a year, the other has wire pulling out do they aren't long for the world.

The axil sound better than my iso tunes.
    The axil also has the ability to use application or Bluetooth combined or separately.

As others have mentioned, the tips aren't as comfortable as some others, especially in the cold. However even with that, I'm happy with mine especially at the price I paid and would buy again.
    Rick

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I use peltor ear muffs right now, but for long guns I have a pair of custom molded ear plugs. I'd love to get a pair of custom with the electronics in them but like NHT3 said they're probably stupid expensive

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    My wife loves her Walker Silencer 2.0 earbuds. She had over ear muffs and they hurt her ears and pushed in the frames of her glasses. I’m still using over ear muffs, but I’ve been looking at the Axils and I’m leaning towards grabbing a set. I’m getting tired of sweating into the rubber of my muffs.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found these to be better. They are a little bulkier than I would prefer, but they do well.

And they are a Hoosier company. HQ is in Carmel. (No showroom or other in-person facilities)
    I'm rescinding my recommendation of this specific earpro, but will say the company is top notch. And their other earpro is great.

I noticed an issue with the Caliber and they sent out a new charging case. While testing I discovered they cut out at only 60db. Yeah. That would explain why they would drop out while I was talking in a normal voice. And the attenuation curve is STEEEP. To the point I even asked if they truly attenuated the sound, or just cut.

Customer service consulted with engineers and said "We do know that the "cut out" threshold on Caliber is lower than some people would like, particularly for louder voices." Interesting.

Even though I have had them 7 months, they still offered to send me a return label for a refund so I could buy a different model.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Anyone use the Axil extreme 2.0? Any good? Is there something better? My Walker muffs are starting to bother my glasses and have to be constantly adjusted.
    I recently bought these on sale. (2 pairs for 199+tax with free shipping)
    I have shot two matches with them and I am happy so far. Definitely work well on the noise cancellation side.
    The BT audio works well and the sound is "OK," but definitely not the best earbuds for music.

Would I buy them again? Yes, but only when they are on sale...and they have been running a lot of sales.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    i love my earmor m32 headset, they have super comfy cups that make me forget im even wearing eye pro at all, and i wear them LITERALLY a whole day straight for indoor range days and multi day airsoft events, best bang for your buck active ear pro that ive ever bought

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    The kings of hearing protection are Peltor Comtacs, Sordins, and Opscore AMPS. Safari land makes a nice set now but they aren't comm capable from the factory.
    Noted that none of these are cheap, but they are worth it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a couple of pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ear protectors. I like them except for one thing. Over the years, my ears have grown and I have to tuck in my ear lobes to fit into the ear cups. I wish I could find a pair of electronic ear protectors with extra large ear cups to fit my growing ears.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have yet to spring for electronic.
    For dove hunting this weekend I'll be wearing the Surefire EP3 plugs.
    They seem to work decent.
    Muffs for on the range, Peltors.
    Will try the EP3s during deer season too.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I have both a real set of Comtac IIs and Chinese Knockoff FCS Comtacs IIIs. The ambient sound is better on the former but the latter has like 80% of the utility for being half the price (Real comtac IIs run $200 min for really used ones. The FCS ones are like $50 new before shipping if you know who to ask)

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Along a similar vein, I've been looking for fitted ear plugs that block sound like the electronic muffs.

Anybody have experience with and suggestions for?
    I have extensive experience with several brands. Long story short, I’d put walker’s in ears at the bottom of the pack, and Otto Noize Barrier Micro at the top. It eliminates the dip in volume after a gun shot you get. The case recharges the ear pro, and the case charges the ear pro about a billion times before you have to charge the case. Only complaint is the factory foam aren’t that wondering and you’ll want to buy new tips on Amazon (like 15 bucks for 20).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have extensive experience with several brands. Long story short, I’d put walker’s in ears at the bottom of the pack, and Otto Noize Barrier Micro at the top. It eliminates the dip in volume after a gun shot you get. The case recharges the ear pro, and the case charges the ear pro about a billion times before you have to charge the case. Only complaint is the factory foam aren’t that wondering and you’ll want to buy new tips on Amazon (like 15 bucks for 20).

That's a LOT of money for the occasional shooter.

Do the Otto's effectively replace muffs for safe ear protection of the really noisy guns?

Looks like the Otto's don't have a bluetooth connection? Without sounding too much like a young girl, picking a car because of the radio, the reason I sprung for the, expensive to me, Walkers is that I can stream audio from my phone while on the range. Also, (call me a larper,) the idea that I might use the Walkers while shooting my way out of SHTF trouble of some sort. The bluetooth seems pretty handy for the comms aspect?

I think I might have posted above that the Walkers are just enough protection to be comfortable for a little rifle work. Hours long rifle shooting would require going to muffs.

Last edited:

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Man I was just going to start this post lol.

My head felt like it was in a c clamp after 2 hours range time yesterday. All I need is something that will let me get a good sight picture better for my AR than wide over the ear muffs. Too bulky and makes my glasses dig into temple.

Is there an in ear that will block AR noise at indoor range? If not, is there a good muff that will let me get closer in to see iron sights without squishing my head like a grape?

Top Bottom