• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A healthy infant was confiscated by the government in order to force-medicate him dangerous drugs. Baby Rico Nagel was born with the HIV virus (which his mother has lived with for 20 years) but suffered no ill effects. Doctors demanded that he immediately be placed on the drug AZT, which has many serious side-effects, including paralysis and death. The parents complied at first, but decided to get a second opinion and skipped their next appointment. The next day, police were inside the family's home to confiscate the baby, literally taking him from his crying mother's arms.

After being kidnapped by the state, Baby Rico began having issues due to being removed from his mother. Rico wouldn't accept a bottle, he needed his mother's breast to survive. Rico was hospitalized, where he was put on a feeding tube, which itself caused an infection. Rico struggled to survive the hospitalization and the forced drugging. He was given four blood transfusions because of the infections the hospital caused.

Lindsey and John Nagel are fighting to regain their son. The government has had the baby in state captivity for 2 months and counting. So far the ordeal has cost the Nagel more than $50,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqU7LaXmuE

Here is the story told by the grandmother, opportunity to donate:
    The Rico Story | Save Rico

ARTICLES:
    Mower Co. Family Fights For Custody Of HIV-Positive Infant

www.startribune.com/local/196646021.html

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is a video posted by the grandfather. Gives some more background. Rewind 23 years.

The mother of this baby - Lindsey Nagel - was adopted from Romania in 1990. She contracted HIV as a baby during a blood transfusion. The Nagel family took her in and discovered her HIV. The parents began the doctor-recommended drugging of the baby. The AZT drugs caused all kinds of health problems during the 2 years which the drugging continued. She struggled to eat, lost weight, suffered from constant pain and deteriorated muscles.

The finally took Lindsey off the drugs after receiving advice from a reasonable doctor who informed them that continuing this treatment could kill their daughter. The parents decided that they'd rather allow Lindsey to live the rest of her life naturally, instead of in constant drug-induced misery. Doctors claimed she would live 3 months without their drugs. She has been drug-free for 20 years and doesn't suffer from any ill effects of HIV.

The video includes an old news clip from the early 1990s showing young Lindsey Nagel healthy after discontinuing the drugging.

It also includes a clip of the police inside the Nagel's dining room earlier this year stealing Rico from his parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noneuD1XIU

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's the poison that the the government demands that the parents give to their newborn. WTF. :xmad:

ZIDOVUDINE (AZT) - ORAL (Retrovir) side effects | medicinenet.com
    Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: unexplained weight loss, persistent muscle aches/weakness, joint pain, numbness/tingling of the hands/feet/arms/legs, severe tiredness, vision changes, severe/persistent headaches, signs of infection (such as fever, chills, trouble breathing, cough, non-healing skin sores), signs of an overactive thyroid (such as irritability, nervousness, heat intolerance, fast/pounding/irregular heartbeat, bulging eyes, unusual growth in the neck/thyroid known as a goiter), signs of a certain nerve problem known as Guillain-Barre Syndrome (such as difficulty breathing/swallowing/moving your eyes, drooping face, paralysis, slurred speech).Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: mental/mood changes (such as depression, anxiety, confusion), easy bruising/bleeding, skin/fingernail color changes.Tell your doctor immediately if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: seizures.Changes in body fat (such as increased fat in the upper back and stomach areas, decreased fat in the arms and legs) may occur while you are taking HIV medication. The cause and long-term effects of these changes are unknown. Discuss the risks and benefits of therapy with your doctor, as well as the possible role of exercise to reduce this side effect.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.This is not a complete list of possible side effects.​

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I guess I would be dead because I would never allow this to happen court order or not. I believe that I am a law-abiding citizen, but in this case I would become a murderer in the eyes of the state because whoever came to abduct my child from me would be getting lead at them at 1200 FPS and not a child of mine.

I swear I despise the government of our great republic and pray that one day sooner than later it can be restored to what our founding fathers envisioned.

Gunner

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    An important lesson for us to remember the next time we ask the government to provide us with anything. Safety, security, 'general welfare', etc.

This is where it leads.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    I guess I would be dead because I would never allow this to happen court order or not. I believe that I am a law-abiding citizen, but in this case I would become a murderer in the eyes of the state because whoever came to abduct my child from me would be getting lead at them at 1200 FPS and not a child of mine.

I swear I despise the government of our great republic and pray that one day sooner than later it can be restored to what our founding fathers envisioned.

Gunner

Amen:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Gunner

If this happened to me there would definitely be bloodon my hands!

I understand the outrage. I feel it just reading about it. And I would resist, but I'm going to want to live to hopefully defeat the tyrants and see my child grow up. The .gov will not lose a moment's sleep taking you out and finish "raising" your child in your eternal absence. We've got historical proof.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I understand the outrage. I feel it just reading about it. And I would resist, but I'm going to want to live to hopefully defeat the tyrants and see my child grow up. The .gov will not lose a moment's sleep taking you out and finish "raising" your child in your eternal absence. We've got historical proof.

It's hard to know where to draw the line, as a parent.

What if these scumbags kill this baby? There have been some close calls already.

Tough call, man.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Other issues aside...she had a baby knowing there was an very high chance she would pass along HIV? That's kind of messed up. I mean I feel bad that she's had to live with it, but I can't see voluntarily transmitting it to someone else, especially my own child.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Other issues aside...she had a baby knowing there was an very high chance she would pass along HIV? That's kind of messed up. I mean I feel bad that she's had to live with it, but I can't see voluntarily transmitting it to someone else, especially my own child.

Actually the chances were pretty low, depending on her meds and general health.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Actually the chances were pretty low, depending on her meds and general health.

Even then she proceeded to breast feed, and HIV has been isolated in breast milk. She doesn't seem like the most responsible individual, I'm thinking there's more to it than what we're seeing in the links above.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    An important lesson for us to remember the next time we ask the government to provide us with anything. Safety, security, 'general welfare', education etc.

This is where it leads.
    Just sayin'

So your solution to all conceptions when the mother or father have the potential to pass on bad stuff is what?

Even then she proceeded to breast feed, and HIV has been isolated in breast milk. She doesn't seem like the most responsible individual, I'm thinking there's more to it than what we're seeing in the links above.
    That's your standard?

Regardless, it's none of your business. Do you agree with the state for kidnapping the child?

What are you going to do when beliefs are the root cause for kidnapping?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I find it odd that they would come the next day after she missed the appointment.
    To get Social Services and a court order that fast, I would say they were all ready involved.

Let me ask this, how many of you would want your child playing on the playground and sharing snacks with a kid who has aids at a preschool?

I would have to be selfish and say I would not let that happen.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I find it odd that they would come the next day after she missed the appointment.
    To get Social Services and a court order that fast, I would say they were all ready involved.

Let me ask this, how many of you would want your child playing on the playground and sharing snacks with a kid who has aids at a preschool?

I wouldn't really mind that, aids isn't exactly passed by light contact or even saliva (assuming good oral health). HIV is not the bogey man it used to be and we may even be on the cusp of an outright cure.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Guess I never should have worked with that guy a few years ago that has HIV, and to think I shook his hand every time I saw him too.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Just sayin'

So your solution to all conceptions when the mother or father have the potential to pass on bad stuff is what?

That's your standard?

Regardless, it's none of your business. Do you agree with the state for kidnapping the child?

What are you going to do when beliefs are the root cause for kidnapping?

From what I know from the links above it sounds like the state went way too far in this case, I'm just saying it seems like there's some potential for other factors to be at play we aren't aware of.

As to passing on "bad stuff"...there's a big difference between passing on unknown health/genetic issues and risking passing on known ones. I don't think it should be illegal for people with known transmittable issues like HIV, Huntington's, etc...but I'm sure as heck going to be vocal about convincing them to not have natural children. I have some first hand knowledge about this type of thing, and I think anyone who has a child where there's a more than normal risk of something like that being passed along is a cruel and selfish individual.

I mean not only did this lady decide to have a child knowing the risk, she went on to increase his potential for exposure by breastfeeding when there are a myriad of other alternatives out there from whet nursing to formula. Without any other qualifying factors, that in and of itself leads me to believe this is a very disturbed and toxic individual.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

AIDS is not transmitted by sharing food... sheesh...

Gunner

Top Bottom