• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    As the title says I'll be goin up to south bend on sat. The 17th. I'll be o.cing (is there any other eat to travel...or live for that matter?). Any thing I should know

OC friendly places, anti 2a places any one I need to stop and give a pound of Bacon to?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    South Bend can be kind of touchy about weapons sometimes. They just earlier this year allowed the local walmart to sell shotguns and ammo. And there are a lot of campus areas around town that campus PD's CAN be a bit touchy sometimes. Kodiak's is a good range to go to and their guys seem to be top notch.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Similar as everywhere else, you will catch more grief around ND, but its not normally to bad. Oh, if you encounter an Officer Maxey, flip him off and tell him I said Hi, and that a 5 year old girl has not yet taken my pistol from me.

Oh, bring me bacon, and be sure to swing by Kodiak.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I think South Bend likes to think of itself as 'little Chicago'. The city government is definitely not pro gun ownership or carry. I do know a few SB cops who have no problem with civilians carrying guns. Mishawaka is much more firearm friendly.
    There are some great places to eat up here, oddly enough mostly in Mishawaka!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If you are headed up 31 maintain speed limit.
    Especially just south of town where the new 31 is going in.
    If you want a good steak, go to Maxie's on the corner of 31 and Ireland rd (south side of town) just north of the 20 bypass. Don't know if they are OC friendly but the steaks are good.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Thanks guys lol I remember reading about maxey that guy is a joke and isn't fit the bear the title of officer

Top Bottom