• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Hunting for primers. I just need a couple thousand to get me through til summer. Can't find them. I've spent hours searching and calling within 200 mile radious. Ready to find a new hobby lol

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Kempfs in Michigan City has had them. However to buy 1k primers you have to buy bullets as well

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    I heard Tomlinson's in Churubusco had some a week ago, but were only selling them a tray of 100 at a time.
    I've been calling them daily. I've also spent a lot of money in that store so I wouldn't think they would tell me no if they had them but they've told me no primers and also will probably be no more primers for a while. They said next shipment of powder comes in will have NO PRIMERS :(

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Did you check with INGO's Brian's Surplus? He generally has them in-stock more or less.
    The guy is super nice I will say that. The bad part is they are out of my price range. I will leave it up to others to decide if it's in theirs. Not a good option any more for me unless he can find more super cheap and offers it at "low" prices. The prices go up as much as $25 a hundred unless I'm mistaken.
    The guy on the phone though has been patient and very nice however. I wouldn't hesitate to shop there for things in the future. I'd classify this is the place you call when you're out and you absolutely must have them.

Last edited:

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Kempfs in Michigan City has had them. However to buy 1k primers you have to buy bullets as well
    (I appreciate the input. Not to be negative but that's the thing, you have to buy the bullets. They have been out but bullets for weeks. I came in there a month ago and spent nearly $400 and only ended up with 1200 primers. If they don't have your bullets - no primers. I can get 2000 coated bullets for what I pay for 1000 plated there also. I have way too much powder and bullets at the moment from having to make primer purchases with either powder or bullets. I'm getting tired of having to drop $300 in a store to walk out with 1000 primers lol.. but seriously that's been the cycle. The cycle is frustrating me. I'm not complaining at you and I appreciate the post. Something is better than nothing any day and this place will get you something if you're out and is probably where you least get taken advantage of. They just have to have the bullets to sell you the primers.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I saw that Federal video yesterday. I like they fact they went public with that info. Good to know they are trying to keep up.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    West central here, haven't seen primers on any shelves in about 2 months, and the ones I did see back then were .10 per. All the primers and bullets are gone but there is still a bit of powder.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    All the shelves around here are empty. On the gun owner sites I go to are all the same, everyone's looking. I see some ads for swap what I have for what I want. See very few takers on that.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I haven't seen any around here in months. The last place I saw any was at Tomlinson's in Churrubusco. His prices on primers have always been a little higher than most places, but he typically had a good suply. Small primers were gone first, then the large ones, finally all the magnum match stuff and even the shotgun primers disappeared. The last few times I've been there the shelves have been completely bare. I asked him about it and he said he has no idea when he'll be able to get more stock.

I was at a bigger sporting goods store in Ohio over Christmas (Fin Feather Fur Outfitters in Ashland). I got there when the store opened, and lo and behold the guy was putting primers on the shelf. He only put 2 boxes out, and they were limiting each customer to a pack of 100 pistol, and a pack of 100 rifle...and the prices were stupid. I paid $8 for a pack of federal small pistol and $7 for a pack of cci small rifle. Even at those prices, the shelf was clean by the time I left the store 30 minutes later.

I really don't understand why manufacturers aren't upping their game right now...or why importers or start-ups aren't stepping in to pick up the slack. I seem to remember that during the last panic, S&B and Wolff primers started popping up at some of the big box places like cabela's. They worked ok, and were actually very well priced. I'm not sure why that's not happening this time around. It's been almost a year, with no end in sight, and you could name your price and still sell everything you ship. Seems like a pretty safe bet...if I had the capitol and the manufacturing know-how, I'd be doing it myself!

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I haven't seen any around here in months. The last place I saw any was at Tomlinson's in Churrubusco. His prices on primers have always been a little higher than most places, but he typically had a good suply. Small primers were gone first, then the large ones, finally all the magnum match stuff and even the shotgun primers disappeared. The last few times I've been there the shelves have been completely bare. I asked him about it and he said he has no idea when he'll be able to get more stock.

I was at a bigger sporting goods store in Ohio over Christmas (Fin Feather Fur Outfitters in Ashland). I got there when the store opened, and lo and behold the guy was putting primers on the shelf. He only put 2 boxes out, and they were limiting each customer to a pack of 100 pistol, and a pack of 100 rifle...and the prices were stupid. I paid $8 for a pack of federal small pistol and $7 for a pack of cci small rifle. Even at those prices, the shelf was clean by the time I left the store 30 minutes later.

I really don't understand why manufacturers aren't upping their game right now...or why importers or start-ups aren't stepping in to pick up the slack. I seem to remember that during the last panic, S&B and Wolff primers started popping up at some of the big box places like cabela's. They worked ok, and were actually very well priced. I'm not sure why that's not happening this time around. It's been almost a year, with no end in sight, and you could name your price and still sell everything you ship. Seems like a pretty safe bet...if I had the capitol and the manufacturing know-how, I'd be doing it myself!
    Maybe they've all been "Told"
    The powers that be KNEW the fix was in for this election before Trumps inauguration.
    Same bunch backing Hillary backed Bidan and this time didn't make the same mistakes again.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    What I am curious about is there seem to be plenty for sale in Canada (sites state they can’t ship to the US) and New Zealand.

anyone know if it’s legal to buy them in Canada and drive back with them here?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    What I am curious about is there seem to be plenty for sale in Canada (sites state they can’t ship to the US) and New Zealand.

anyone know if it’s legal to buy them in Canada and drive back with them here?

Not sure if it's legal or not, but the border is still closed to all non-essential travel, so I don't see that really being an option. And even if it was legal for an American to purchase them up there, I can imagine that customs would have something to say about it if you tried to bring them back. But don't think the thought didn't cross my mind! It's only about 3.5 hours to Windsor...

Top Bottom