Have you ever tried to argue with an idiot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Really? Where at?

Even Christ did not literally turn the other cheek when smitten by a member of the Sanhedrin (see John 18:22-23). To the best of our knowledge of the Hebrew language, that expression is a Jewish idiom that describes an insult, similar to the way challenges to duels in the days of King Arthur were made by a backhand slap to the right cheek of your opponent."

Christian pacifists believe it is always wrong to injure other humans, no matter what the circumstances. (Very similar to the Calvinist view in that you look at only one side of scripture and not the harmony) And the same principles supporting pacifism carry over to nonresistance--the belief that any form of self-defense is wrong. However is it important to remember that this is the view of a pacifist, they view all life as it should be taken by pacifism... When you’re a hammer...everything looks like a nail. These same people believe that Luke in the 22nd chapter was only talking figuratively, which he generally only did during sermons.

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    When Mosses brought down off the mountain the ten commandments it was written tho shall not murder! when it was translated it was changed to tho shall not kill, if you look in a Hebrew bible today it still reads tho shall not murder, there is a big difference between murder and kill.

In the old testament King David is described as a man after Gods own heart, and he killed 10,000 of thousands of men himself! In short God does not expect you to give your live for some scum bag to take away from you!

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm a True Believer. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be a Victim.
    Que, you might be right. She never once in that conversation said anything about guns being outlawed. However, I was disgusted enough about her comment in regards to her daughter, that I got up and went outside. I just couldn't take it any more.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Maybe this will explain it better: When my buddy asked her; "what if that guy was just coming to rape your daughter?" Then she said "Then God will give her the strength to get over it".

This is the worst comment I have ever heard a parent say about their children. It makes me sick to think that this is how some people approach parenthood.:noway::xmad: that is my :twocents:

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    If it is your time as God wills, then why wear a seat belt, take medication, own a smoke detector, eat, exercise, etc.? I tell folks that God can move mountains, but that doesn't mean you won't need a shovel. Reading in the Bible it says to not temp or test God, I.e. jumping off a building like Jesus was told by Satan to do. God will provide, but dang use some common sense to do what you can. The serenity prayer is a good one too. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the difference."

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    God gave us free will. Just like the crack addict can make the choices he makes, She can make the choice to be prepared to blow him away.

Fatalistic "whatever happens will happen" thinking just isn't biblical (unless you take some things out of context.)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This is like those nuts that don't take medicine or go to doctors because they think they can pray disease away.

Top Bottom