• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I was curious about the different types of vendors I might find. Are they all big time manufacturers/suppliers or do some of the smaller venue retailers sell from the exhibit halls as well? Do the vendors sell inventory or is it mostly window shopping? Gun show on steroids or trade show?

Any and all helpful input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, I have been to more than several.

I am skipping Houston this year but 2014 is Indianapolis, 2015 in Nashville, 2016 back to Louisville.

Everyone is there, everyone, mostly window shopping but I have bought odds and ends (curios), bison leather gloves, a poster of cartridges around the world, stuff like that.

I go for the CLE on Friday, but Saturday is always devoted to walking the show, seeing old friends, and coonfingering guns.:D

2014 I will be manning the booth for ISPRA but hope to be relieved so I can walk the show.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    no regrets

I have been to several. I never have a regret on going to them.
    My wife really enjoys them too. She is an annual member and we may upgrade her to Lifetime this year. Vendors are great, just about anyone connected with the shooting sports is there. Plus you can make certain purchases. Gun cases, cleaning supplies, t shirts,.
    THe NRA has their store on premises and generally with some special pricing on things.
    Then there is the meetings that you can attend. To be honest, I generally do not attend the special meetings. I do vote for the board members.
    I highly recommend you go if possible.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    The wife and I went to the one in Louisville a few years ago. We had a great time. Lots of venders and celebs. I bought a couple of items and the wife got her picture taken with Ollie North. He also signed a copy of his book for her.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've been to a few. I volunteered to work at the latest one that was held in Louisville. I didn't really remember much stuff for sale. There are always some folks selling little things, like flashlights, etc. It is more for exhibitors to show off what they make and what new products they have. I always come away with a ton of free literature and usually a free cap or coffee cup, etc. The NRA store is usually well stocked, so if you see anything you'd like to buy from there, you can at least look at the items before purchase and save on the shipping costs.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    NRA

You might even find a nice little lock blade made in "CHINA", That was the free gift this year for renewing.

What an outfit....:dunno:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Went to the last one in Indy and it was a blast, but I'm dating myself a bit.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    I went to the one in Pittsburgh a couple years ago. Was a good time and actually shook hands with Wayne in the hallway as my Dad and I were heading towards our seats and he was heading towards the stage. There was no one else around except a few of his staff so he stopped and talked to us for a minute.

Top Bottom