Has anyone ridden on a greyhound bus in the past few years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I have a bit of a problem and I’m hoping someone can offer me some advice or personal experience.
    I am going to be taking a greyhound bus in the near future from Indiana to New Mexico. In greyhound’s rules they state that “no firearms of any kind” are allowed in the checked baggage. I was thinking of bringing the upper portion of my AR (since to my understanding it is the lower that is officially the firearm) in my checked bag and use my sister’s lower when I got to NM. Does anyone know if this would technically be considered acceptable, or am I skirting a slippery slope here? Also, does anyone know if they even check the checked bags?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would not board a Greyhound bus without being armed, PERIOD. If they didn't change their policy after this, then EF Greyhound, and the horse they rode in on.
    Murder of Tim McLean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Do not give Greyhound a single CENT of your money.

Just so you know the Federal Bureau of Prisons is one of the biggest users of Greyhound. Not only do they put released inmates on it but current inmates (minimum security campers) are furloughed (taken off the system temperally) and ride unsupervised to transfer to another institution

So unless that upper just has to be shot I would go a different route.

Good luck

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Is there a law against carrying on Greyhound (or any other) buses? I don't remember seeing anything like that.

If it's not against the law but only company policy, I would think you'd be OK ignoring it.

I wouldn't carry it on my person unless you are absolutely sure that every state you are traveling through accepted your LTCH. If you have it on you then you aren't covered by FOPA. If it's stored in your luggage you should be.

Top Bottom