• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Happy birthday, TF!

Going to celebrate at the zoo? :D

I am not wanting to be all up in T F's business, but how did that zoo fiasco turn out? Is it secret? If it's not for public knowledge that's understandable, but I never heard how it ended. Should I put it out of my mind or is it public?

OH! And happy birthday TF!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am not wanting to be all up in T F's business, but how did that zoo fiasco turn out? Is it secret? If it's not for public knowledge that's understandable, but I never heard how it ended. Should I put it out of my mind or is it public?

(Apologies for the potential derailment.)
    According to online court portal, the lawsuit is still pending. E'ville's motion to dismiss was denied, it was scheduled for trial, but the city requested an appeal before the end of the case (called an "interlocutory" appeal). That was granted, so it is now on appeal.

From a different online docket search, it looks like TF's side filed their brief earlier this month.

Practitioner's Note: I found it funny that the city's attorney screwed up their brief. Didn't kill the case, but it was a rookie mistake.
    RECEIVED 12/19/14: APPELLANT'S BRIEFS (9) AND (1) VOLUME
    APPENDIX. THE BRIEF DOES NOT CONTAIN A COPY OF THE APPEALED
    ORDER. THE APPENDIX LACKS A CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE.

Yes, the city failed to include a copy of the trial court order they were appealing. People, it is in the rules. (Ind. Appellate Rule 46(A)(10).)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom