Happy Birthday J Frame Smith and Wesson...65 Years old today....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Throwback Thursday: Sixty-five years ago, Smith & Wesson introduced the J-Frame with the .38 Chiefs Special. This small revolver was primarily designed for off-duty and plainclothes police officers. It was introduced at the International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference in Colorado Springs, CO and was given its moniker through a contest vote at the conference. Show us your J-Frame in the comments.

So it's now been 65 years that geezers like myself have been risking their lives carrying a J Frame revolver for self defense...

Happy Birthday old timer....:ingo:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Carry my 642 50 % of the time. 5 for sure beats 15 maybe anytime!

I agree...

Do you hear that sound? That's the thundering hoof beats of the Charge of the Light Plastactical Brigade thundering into the fray....

"You know if Glenn would have been carrying a Glock instead of that 1911 Maggie's child might not have to grow up without a father in the post zombie apocalypse ...And if Maggie don't ditch that big ol' Smith of her's that child will end up an orphan..":)

Here is my 20 year old 640-1 .357 magnum peashooter.....

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just take her shooting...Smith's love that...:)

If I could get out of the house today I'd be all over that, maybe this weekend though. The only thing that has been done to it is a spring kit to lighten the trigger pull a bit. She's got a few wear marks. It's no safe queen, that's for sure! Here's my girl. Fresh out of my pocket complete with lint and fuzz and all.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If I could get out of the house today I'd be all over that, maybe this weekend though. The only thing that has been done to it is a spring kit to lighten the trigger pull a bit. She's got a few wear marks. It's no safe queen, that's for sure! Here's my girl. Fresh out of my pocket complete with lint and fuzz and all.

Here's my EDC 640-3, with aftermarket grips, an XS Big Dot, and the Apex spring/extended firing pin treatment:

20151112_184043_resized_zps3docb3fb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Coban that 3" 36 of yours is shriekin' beautiful! What a classic!

Thank you, I picked it up a year or two ago. Have not shot it much but I do like it. Seems like I get the K and L frames out more. I have vacation coming up so maybe I will get it out then.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have three J-frames. Two 3" and one snubby.

I'm jealous of anyone who can carry a gun of any sort in their pocket. The pockets in women's pants (if they have pockets at all) are worthless. You might be able to carry a lipstick and a quarter in them, but they'll work their way out by the end of the day.

dragon36right_zps87b64b91.jpg

37 (for sale in the classifieds)
    37b_zps228282bd.jpg

60p2s_zpsg1l007qf.jpg

Top Bottom