• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    I know putting a vert grip on a pistol makes it a AOW and need a stamp, and a stock on a pistol makes it a SBR. Would attaching a handgun to a tac rail on another handgun change its legality? Im not referring to a AR pistol or a AK pistol. Im generally curious.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll bite. Is the idea to use it as a fighting weapon so attached, or to use it as a vertical grip...not that they are mutually exclusive?

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If you attached a semi auto to a tac rail (not exactly an easy task, in the first place. Top of one pistol to the bottom of another) the bottom pistol is not likely to function, unless it's attached by it's frame.
    You would have an easier time attaching a revolver.
    Unless you are pulling the trigger on both, at the same time, I would think that the BATF could/would veiw it as a grip. It would be "redesigned" to allow two hand grips on the original pistol.
    Now, I am by no means a lawyer or an ATF agent but I have never seen anyone try it up to this point.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I seem to remember a super small, blocky looking .22 semi-auto that would attach to the picatinny rail on the bottom of an AR forearm.
    I want to say they called it a "zip-gun" but then that doesn't sound right.

Found it,

Gun Review: USFA ZiP .22LR - The Truth About Guns

Don't know if this is something like you were thinking.

Last edited:

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Just the act of attaching two weapons together, in general, shouldn't be an issue. Wasn't there a double Ruger 10/22 Gatling gun kit out awhile ago?

The ATF, though, kind of makes crap up as it goes along with resoect to AOWs (and other things!). You could always write a letter to them..lol....:):

Top Bottom