• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    "You can stand me up at the gates of Hell but I'll stand my ground and no, I won't back down" - tom petty

Thanks... I needed a song in my head that I don't know all the words to. Now I have to walk around singing a few words then humming and mumbling through a few more before just giving up completely and whistling the rest.:):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I keep seeing people talking about Northern Indiana being liberal. That is just from South Bend and west to Chicago. The folks East of there (Elkhart, Lagrange & Steuben Counties) are mostly right thinking Americans. You have to take Goshen out of that though with the left wing America hating Goshen College there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I keep seeing people talking about Northern Indiana being liberal. That is just from South Bend and west to Chicago. The folks East of there (Elkhart, Lagrange & Steuben Counties) are mostly right thinking Americans. You have to take Goshen out of that though with the left wing America hating Goshen College there.

That is because Indiana only has 3 parts (from the eyes of NWI)

1) NWI or us
    2) Indy/Central indiana where the R goveno lives who won't give us money to re-build our cline bridge and wants to impose a county tax on us
    3) southern indiana were all the hill billies live!

If you live elsewhere in Indiana then you are NOT in Indiana. :n00b:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    is it just me or is there a big difference between norther and southern indiana? it seems like the farther north you go the more liberal they get.
    Well-YES-the Northern (especially Western) area of the State is loaded with people who have "Escaped" the Hood of Chi Town, and have brought some of their way of thinking.
    I encountered the same when I lived in SW FL. and some of the New York and Boston "Refugees" tried to bring in their ways=usually does not work out too well for them!! HA HA...Bill.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Mainjet, I appologize, I wasn't trying to turn your thread into another bashing thread. I was only trying to point out that some of the council and mayor are being hypocritical by saying, we don't want guns here, but if you are going to sale them, we want a piece of the pie.
    *** Again, just my opinion and obviously not the opinion of the "686 shooter" haters.***

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, sorry we did get a little off track.
    686 shooter, I don't hate you. We just don't see this the same way.
    Feel free to come to the 9-11 shoot at Winamac, you can shoot mine if I can shoot yours, and we can discuss this further.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yeah, sorry we did get a little off track.
    686 shooter, I don't hate you. We just don't see this the same way.
    Feel free to come to the 9-11 shoot at Winamac, you can shoot mine if I can shoot yours, and we can discuss this further.

DUDE! IT'S a TRAP! His name is Geronimo after all.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Actually...it's the universities that make those areas so liberal. West Lafayette is a far different critter from Lafayette. SB has ND. Bloomington ...well...nuff said.

The FAR NW still has the CHICAGO mentality (and that isn't a compliment).

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mainjet, I appologize, I wasn't trying to turn your thread into another bashing thread. I was only trying to point out that some of the council and mayor are being hypocritical by saying, we don't want guns here, but if you are going to sale them, we want a piece of the pie.
    *** Again, just my opinion and obviously not the opinion of the "686 shooter" haters.***

And I would bet they rarely HESITATE to have COPS around to protect them. Hypocrites about guns like Mayor Daley (who had armed guards), Rosie O, and the Hollywood elitists....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Actually...it's the universities that make those areas so liberal. West Lafayette is a far different critter from Lafayette. SB has ND. Bloomington ...well...nuff said.

Hum..... more like population density = higher liberal menatlity.
    Seems like the more you pack people closer together, the less they have the ability to depend on themselves and more on .gov services.

It just so happens that more population density has more "centers of learning" near them.

But this is a THREAD for another THREAD.
    I'm waiting to see the shoots fired (pun intented) for this Hammond mess.
    :popcorn:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

There seems to be a lot of truth in that. When I was down at Bloomington during the Iran Hostage Crisis, the students were holding a rally against Iran. A goon squad showed up. They looked like a bunch of hippies from the 60's that had been just waiting for something to happen since then. We figured they were from the Sociology department.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    There seems to be a lot of truth in that. When I was down at Bloomington during the Iran Hostage Crisis, the students were holding a rally against Iran. A goon squad showed up. They looked like a bunch of hippies from the 60's that had been just waiting for something to happen since then. We figured they were from the Sociology department.

Dunn Meadow? There were always lots of hackey sack playing, unwashed bodies in tents during my tenure in Bloomington.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Can't argue with that but ND used to be pretty conservative. That's changed lately but South Bend was, and is still a big union town, still not sinking in that Studebaker is gone. They've managed to drive away all the business and the jobs with it. Mishawaka, right next door is thriving and is under conservative leadership and has been for years.

Just like every other major city in the USA that's been controlled by the libs, it's gone to hell.

This city has been liberal for at least 6 decades and the sheeple here can't understand why they don't get different results from doing the same stupid **** over and over and over...:dunno:

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    My :twocents:. Cities give big tax breaks to companies to come to them. Greenwood was willing to to take it in the butt with abatements and pay for new infrrastructure to try to get a Cabella's there. After the abatements are gone (typically ten years) then the city gets big money in the form of property taxes. Yes... cities do make money from a company like this. It just takes a while. Again not to argue, just my :twocents:.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    "If it's state law, let's let our Legislature explain why it's OK. I think a problem in Hammond is gun violence, and we're saying let's carry more guns," McDermott said
    Looks like someone needs to "explain" to mayor McPompous that he has to obey the law. :)

That is because Indiana only has 3 parts

1)Yankee
    2)Sorta yankee, not as bad
    3) southern indiana were all the hillbillies live!
    FTFY :D Y'all come back now, ya hear? On second thought, stay right where you are. There's nothing to see here. Nothing to do here.
    Move along. :)::ar15:

Hum..... more like population density = higher liberal menatlity.
    Direct correlation (IMO), that varies somewhat by region and can be aggravated by other factors.
    Seems like the more you pack people closer together, the less they have the ability to depend on themselves and more on .gov services.

It just so happens that more population density has more "centers of learning" near them.

There seems to be a lot of truth in that. When I was down at Bloomington...
    ... looked like a bunch of hippies from the 60's that had been just waiting for something to happen since then. We figured they were from the Sociology department.
    :laugh: Yes, there is the Berkeley of Indiana. Don't worry, Clem, we got 'em surrounded. :draw:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, the City of Hammond is going out of its way to attract the attention of attorneys?

Yes makes you wonder if the Mayor has a connection with an ATTY so that the said ATTY ends up suing the city and then the mayor and ATTY split the winnings.

Follow the money and you always find the answer.

Top Bottom