• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I had a feeling we would hear something about the ISC today. Don't know what it was but about when Bill was posting the update or an hour before the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

Don't worry Bill, my case is the example by which yours will be made clear. Enforcement due to ignorant government employees "unaware" that the law had changed. Hopefully I will get a trial sometime this decade!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    How long before Destro shows up to crap on the people that filed this lawsuit because his answer is just to bend over for the government.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I say we work a swap with IL and take all of southern and central IL and give them a couple of counties next to Chicago

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Exactly right. THEN there would be a lawsuit that could go forward.

What are your thoughts on a lawsuit that proves there is harm in leaving laws like this on the books as they lead to false enforcement? IE that a lawsuit won that had a local ordinance in violation of Preemption and subsequently was enforced by agents of the political subdivision against an actual injured party present within the boundaries of the said government body?

Would there be just reason to revisit Hammond in the light of "accidental" enforcement in violation of Preemption?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What are your thoughts on a lawsuit that proves there is harm in leaving laws like this on the books as they lead to false enforcement? IE that a lawsuit won that had a local ordinance in violation of Preemption and subsequently was enforced by agents of the political subdivision against an actual injured party present within the boundaries of the said government body?

Would there be just reason to revisit Hammond in the light of "accidental" enforcement in violation of Preemption?

My thoughts are..... it's BS.
    Why don't they just put a bunch of random crap up saying it's the law. Then just don't enforce them. After a while, people won't be able to figure out what is the law, and what isn't.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My thoughts are..... it's BS.
    Why don't they just put a bunch of random crap up saying it's the law. Then just don't enforce them. After a while, people won't be able to figure out what is the law, and what isn't.
    Too bad the ISC is apparently too blind or stupid to realize/understand this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. I am very disappointed that the Supreme Court denied transfer. However, we are very fortunate to have an advocate like Guy Relford on our side. His arguments in brief at the Court of Appeals were outstanding and covered the points we need to make. I feel very fortunate to make any contribution I could.

2. There will be a proposed legislative remedy, much like the parking lot 2.0 bill.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Thanks for all your work Guy and Kirk. The legislative remedy is the first thing that I thought of when I got Guys' email about the ISC declining transfer. Please keep me in the loop on the progress/process and if you need anyone to speak/testify whatever.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    1. I am very disappointed that the Supreme Court denied transfer. However, we are very fortunate to have an advocate like Guy Relford on our side. His arguments in brief at the Court of Appeals were outstanding and covered the points we need to make. I feel very fortunate to make any contribution I could.

2. There will be a proposed legislative remedy, much like the parking lot 2.0 bill.

Absolutely! Will the briefs be made public?

Top Bottom