• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hammerli 120 Free Pistol, single-shot target pistol for International style (ISU / Olympic) slow-fire precision bullseye competition. I bought this pistol from another INGO member a couple months ago, so you can search up that sale thread for additional history on the gun. Gun is in excellent condition, comes with box, cleaning rod, tools, and manual. I had seen these guns in catalogs since the 1970s and always wanted to get my hands on one because it just seemed like such a stylish European classic. I shot it one time, "scratched the itch," and am moving this fine pistol onward for the same amount I have in it (I already have a Pardini Free Pistol and this one would just be a safe queen). It is a bolt-action pistol operated by a side-lever on the LH side. For those unfamiliar with the type of gun, it has a trigger pull measured in ounces. It does have the ability to dry-fire practice; like some pistols of this type, you simply pull the bolt partially to the rear, then move it back forward a slight amount (not closing the breech all the way), and this will set the "set" trigger and allow the set-mechanism to be tripped by pulling the trigger, but without actually snapping the firing pin (in other words, the firing pin is not cocked until the bolt is fully closed). One thing I consider somewhat ahead of its time for a pistol of this type, it has an 11mm rail for mounting an optic, which suggests it could be used for other disciplines like perhaps .22lr silhouette (although I am admittedly unfamiliar with the rules of that particular game and don't know if it's legal for that). Rear sight, grips, and trigger pull are adjustable. A classy European pistol that shoots like a rifle.

Located in S. Indy, $600 cash ftf to Indiana resident, will drive up to 45 minutes or so for the right deal. PM with questions, and thanks for looking.

Hammerli .jpg

Top Bottom