• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    All of this is very important even if none of it applies to you.

E.g., I have never bought a gun with a credit card, but most of society does. By thinking of the broader society we expand the scope of the gun culture.
    I'll take this point further.

Pure Cash Greenbacks (and Personal Checks):

I've never paid for a firearm using greenbacks, or anything associated with one, peeling hundreds and twenties off of a rolled up wad of them held together by a rubber band "as seen on TV". Carrying rolls of hard cash around and peeling bills off it at a retail store makes one a prime target for a parking lot mugging. Writing a check is also fraught with risk . . . too easy to copy one and print hundreds of them -- including with magnetic ink -- to drain bank accounts with fraudulent checks. It's one of the main targets of mail theft -- personal checks. I've written less than a dozen personal checks in the past decade.

The Bank or Credit Union Debit Card:
    I've also never bought a firearm on a credit line. I've always used a "debit card" -- which goes through a card processor as if it is a "credit card". All the ones I've used over the years are either Visa or Mastercard -- but instead of hitting a revolving credit line at my bank, it's immediately collected by the card processor from my account at the bank or credit union. I daresay that darned few walk into a gun store with a big wad of greenbacks in their pocket for a gun purchase. Same applies to ammunition, gun parts and other ancillary supplies such as Hoppe's #9, slings, magazines, etc., not to mention paying for range time. I don't even like going to the bank to get greenbacks . . . which is all my barber takes for haircuts (no cards or checks).

Anyone who has bought any firearm online for delivery to a local FFL has had to use a "credit card" or a "debit card". That includes ordering one from RK Guns online with pickup at your local Rural King. I don't know of any retailer online that accepts a stack of hundreds delivered by USPS Registered Mail -- the most secure method of sending anything anywhere domestically (which USPS does not like people using for cash) -- and requires the retailer to physically sign for it when it arrives. Same applies to related and ancillary parts and supplies. Bought a BUIS folding front sight from Brownell's? A Sig Sauer Romeo[X] optic from Optics Planet? A Law Tactical folding mechanism from Battle Hawk Armory? Bulk ammo and magazines from Sportsman's Guide or PSA? Or for those that live on the edge, sticking a thumb in ATF's eye, an 80% lower receiver from 80 Percent Arms, 80% Lowers, or Matrix Arms? The "debit card" doesn't escape a transaction record trail through a card processor. It follows the same transaction path as a (true) "credit card" does until it gets to your bank or credit card account and its bank.

Bottom Line:
    Unless you're peeling greenbacks off a roll of cold hard cash in person at a retailer, you're leaving the same exploitable transaction trail through the processor and banks whether it's a "credit card" or a "debit card". Even a personal check leaves a similar trail with your bank.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Considerable work was done to herd several important bills through the Indiana House, along with ensuring seven (by my count) that would kill 2A rights never got to a floor vote. Guy, Kelly, and IRA-ILA Indiana rep, John Weber did a lot of heavy lifting to make it happen. My thanks to them for all they've done to get to half-time.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Let's see...withdraw money from bank on the 10th, deliver money to a retailer on the 11th...and no one is going to put this together like a CC transaction? Maybe ask Janet Yelen about that. Maybe if you had that money in a shoe box for a year or so it may be obscured. You're going to have to do a NICS check anyway so...

A private purchase maybe.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Let's see...withdraw money from bank on the 10th, deliver money to a retailer on the 11th...and no one is going to put this together like a CC transaction? Maybe ask Janet Yelen about that. Maybe if you had that money in a shoe box for a year or so it may be obscured. You're going to have to do a NICS check anyway so...

A private purchase maybe.
    Not just the firearm itself, it's all the stuff you don't need a NICS check for . . . you can deduce quite a bit and connect the dots about the kinds of firearms someone owns from the ammunition that person buys, or the magazines, etc. Pile up the information from a couple years worth of transactions . . .

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Not just the firearm itself, it's all the stuff you don't need a NICS check for . . . you can deduce quite a bit and connect the dots about the kinds of firearms someone owns from the ammunition that person buys, or the magazines, etc. Pile up the information from a couple years worth of transactions . . .
    Yes, like holster purchases where you order a holster for a specific weapon and barrel length.

Reactions: JAL

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just use brave or another less filtered browser to search on, STASI metadata profile.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-stasi-spied-on-social-networks

If the East Germans were able to do that pre network and pre computer, just imagine what our government and the lap dog corporate sector is doing.

That same reliance on technology snooping and data analysis increasingly appears to be how the Israelis were surprised on October 7. The eyeball surveillance part was saying something was up, but it was ignored as there was no electronic chatter.

So remember, if the balloon goes up, anything connected gets disconnected including your vehicles cell connection.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled monitoring and lobbying of our elected servants...

Does anyone need called or emailed on a specific Bill to get it across the line?

Reactions: JAL

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Key Bank document released by the House Judiciary Committee contained a ton of entities that weren't firearm sellers, but would be frequented by gun owners. Dillon Precision, Delta Defense (USCCA,) SOG International, Smokey Mountain Knife Works, GovX.com, just to name a few.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Just use brave or another less filtered browser to search on, STASI metadata profile.

If the East Germans were able to do that pre network and pre computer, just imagine what our government and the lap dog corporate sector is doing.

That same reliance on technology snooping and data analysis increasingly appears to be how the Israelis were surprised on October 7. The eyeball surveillance part was saying something was up, but it was ignored as there was no electronic chatter.

So remember, if the balloon goes up, anything connected gets disconnected including your vehicles cell connection.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled monitoring and lobbying of our elected servants...

Does anyone need called or emailed on a specific Bill to get it across the line?
    As an aside --
    Mapping social networks to find potential espionage targets (people) and who they know, is one of the major goals of the Chinese Commies with TikTok. ID a person to target for where they work and what they do there, worm your way in with one of their easily befriended friends, and away you go with cozying up to the person your targeting via one of their trusted friends. We were trained on how all this works during two decades with Uncle Sam having to protect ourselves from various insidious methods of exploitation. Knowing the means and methods is the first major step to identify when an exploitation attempt is being made. Start with banking info, then go to their social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Rumble, etc.) and go from there. It's like a jigsaw puzzle getting one piece in at a time, and unlike my mil career years, it's highly automated now to sift through the chaff.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

An outstanding (fictional story) movie about the Stasi that quite accurately portrays their means and methods is the 2006 German film by director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck. "The Lives of Others" (Das Leben der Anderen) was his first feature film and launched him into directorial fame in Germany and Europe. Won Best Foreign Language Oscar in 2007. I don't know if there's English dubbed versions. My Blu-ray is in German with English subtitles. Extremely powerful plot that shows how ruthlessly the Stasi worked and terrified the East German civilian populace.

Wikipedia article
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lives_of_Others

IMDb page
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/

Sony Pictures Classics Trailer for the US release on disk . . .

Available on Blu-ray and DVD on Amazon, and for the streamers I did a Roku search. It's on Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, and Vudu. All paid rent/buy though. No freebies I could find.

Top Bottom