• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    I recently purchased a 10-22 from Big R and after getting home I happened to look at the receipt and noticed I had to pay for my background check. Never ever have had to anywhere else. Did it recently just start or what?

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Yeah it was 2.00 and it was rung up seperately. Just never encountered that before anywhere and they didn't mention it. I know I have been hearing where they want the law passed where we all pay for our background checks. Just didn't know Big R did it already.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    $13 in Wisconsin
    land of the free, shall not be infringed. Wait a few years, it WILL get worse at the rate we are going.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    yea.. nothing is free. Its just in the charge and you dont know it..
    I havent been to big R in forever, are their gun prices reasonable?

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Never heard of it on a receipt before, but dealers have always charged a fee because they must maintain the paper records indefinitely.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The real issue: why is a FFL charging for a free service?

NICS is a part of the FBI - wholly funded by tax dollars.

FFL holders don't get a monthly bill based on the amount of calls they make.

Its just like a "docking fee" that goober car dealerships add on.

Spend an hour looking at guns at Big R then tell him you want to buy something expensive.

Halfway through the 4473, tell them you're just kidding - only hosers charge for the NICS call.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    The real issue: why is a FFL charging for a free service?

NICS is a part of the FBI - wholly funded by tax dollars.

FFL holders don't get a monthly bill based on the amount of calls they make.

Its just like a "docking fee" that goober car dealerships add on.

Spend an hour looking at guns at Big R then tell him you want to buy something expensive.

Halfway through the 4473, tell them you're just kidding - only hosers charge for the NICS call.

its part of the service of selling you a firearm. it costs them time to call in, particularly right now when many calls were being escalated and being an hour long ordeal.
    while most are wrapped up into the markup, this wouldn't bother me much i dont think.
    its just like companies that offer free shipping, yeah youre paying for it, its just included in the cost of the product.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    its part of the service of selling you a firearm. it costs them time to call in, particularly right now when many calls were being escalated and being an hour long ordeal.
    while most are wrapped up into the markup, this wouldn't bother me much i dont think.
    its just like companies that offer free shipping, yeah youre paying for it, its just included in the cost of the product.

Exactly, you pay for it regardless.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

Sure is, as if the counter guy was working his butt off if not on the phone.

Been in retail for to many years to buy that logic, last 20 years with my own successful business. Retired now.

Next someone will tell me they charge for coming up to me and saying, "May I Help You".

Top Bottom