• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I went into the local Staples store for some things I needed and as I walked in, me OCing a Ruger 9E, a older man yelled, "GUN!" and pushed his wife t the ground covering her with his body.

I didn't touch or unholster my gun either sio I thought he was talking about someone else I should be seeing and taking care uf but it was me. :dunno:

So after the folks working the front area saw this, they all laughed at the old guy and asked me if I needed help finding things. I asked the old guy if he was gonna be ok and he said, "I don't know, you're the one with the gun." So I said, "Looks like you'll be fine as long as you don't do anything more stupid than you already have." Again general laughter and I went about my business. Old man and wife left their cart saying, "We'll come back when it's safe." and the register girl said, "I will be putting it all back so you'll find it on the shelves again as I have no idea when you are returning."

I finished my business with everyone smiling about the event and left. I do admit I was a bit surprised at the stupidity of the guy though.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Are you SERIOUS? If so I have to wonder if he does this every time he sees a cop or sees someone at the airport carrying a backpack. Although I am not a fan of open carry and I do believe that people should be allowed to OC one of the biggest problems is always going to be the fact that many people (including some LEOs) are just not used to seeing it and will totally freak out like this. Our society will have to adjust to seeing guns before this problem will go away. People have been conditioned for so many years it will take a long time to accept the idea.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You really shouldn't carry that big scary gun like that and go around frightening the elderly.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I would love to see the video of this as well. You should really ask for it. It would be gold on youtube. I'd bet no less than 1 million hits.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    An even funnier video would've been during the car ride home as his wife explained to him exactly what she thought about his actions (at least I know how it would've went for me) :):

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I wonder how his wife (the old woman) felt about it being pushed to the ground and all. I would love to know their conversation went once they were inside their car. If it were my grandmother, God rest her sole, she would pull the tissue box off the dash and beat the hell out of him with it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My only concern is that someone that is so scared would be one that might call 911 and try to SWAT you.

Of course, after you dealt with that, you and the police would be able to have another good laugh at his expense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BAHAHAHAHA Priceless! I wonder if that is one of the Anti-crowd's tactics? Sure seems about right.

THIS!

I have seen antis on FB and other sites say to do exactly that. Make a production of it. Make the store manager think you are scared out of your shorts so they will ask the "Scary MWAG" to leave so as not to offend other patrons.

I think this one backfired on him as he went WAY over the top. I bet his wife wont talk to him for a week out of sheer embarrassment.

I think it would have been funnier to run up next to them, crouch down with your back to them as if to protect them and ask "where!?!?!?" as you scan around the room with your head. (never removing or touching your gun)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    How does it not occur to these people that anyone they come into contact with could be armed? Do they really think that just because they can't see it it's not there? If this person really felt they way that he acted he would never leave his home.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    One of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. How could someone function at such a level of thinking? If Staples somehow let you have that video, it would be an instant viral hit!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    One of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. How could someone function at such a level of thinking? If Staples somehow let you have that video, it would be an instant viral hit!

The MDA busybodies advocate just this sort of reaction. The old codger was simply playing the role of a useful idiot.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It must be hell to go through an entire human lifetime as such a total sheep. He must have very hard time around 5-year old girls eating pop-tarts. What a wuss! :rolleyes:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Could have turned into the wedding scene in Evil Roy Slade...everyone holding a gun on everyone else...(IIRC, been a long time since I've seen that)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Old dude been watching too many cop shows, of course he'll have the last laugh after Staples settles the lawsuit out of court!

(Yeah I know, but in todays society, anything is possible)

Top Bottom