Had a blast thinning the zombie population at Wilbur Wright!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My brother and I were at Wilbur Wright today, taking out as many zombies as we could.

Sorry I don't have too many photos, as I was more concentrated on throwing lead down range than taking pictures of it :)

I shot my Mosin Nagant and managed to clear about 70 rounds without doing any major damage to my shoulder. Sure it is a bit tender, but not bruised like the last time I shot it.:D

It was plenty hot out and the only thing that made it bearable was the 20 MPH winds. I managed to burn my arms pretty good and I would be in more pain if we stayed and shot clays too.

We met a few guys that have not heard of INGO, so I was happy to pass out some business cards to bring them into our community. :yesway:

Anyhow, I did get a couple of pics of my brother with his AR and brass flying, so here they are...

5576_1191096450878_1032364911_611391_730471_n.jpg

5576_1191096490879_1032364911_611392_4399221_n.jpg

5576_1191096530880_1032364911_611393_8313983_n.jpg

5576_1191096570881_1032364911_611394_4451469_n.jpg

This pic actually shows brass flying behind my brother where the guy to the left of him was shooting.
    5576_1191096610882_1032364911_611395_4993316_n.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Dang I was going to go today, but got side tracked. I'm planning on going next weekend if anyone else is interested in meeting up. By the way can you shoot clay pigeons at this place. (I've never been.) I have my own launcher if they've got the space for it.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    well damn...sounds like I missed another good day at WW. The server upgrades that prevented me from attending were less than spectacular, but atleast it was in the AC. :D

I may need to ramp up my ammo inventory and do a run to WW next weekend. Having the urge to shoot some clays, been too long. That and the step son is getting the urge to shoot clays too. Guess he's growing out of the paintball airsoft genre. :yesway:

Looks like you two had a good time guys! :ingo: :patriot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    On my way there, I stopped that the Walmart in Greenfield and picked up their last box of 9mm Federal and two last boxes of .40 cal Federal they had in the case. I asked the clerk if they had any more and he said he wished they did, but no.:dunno:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Sorry I just realized as I hit send that I'm totally thread jacking. I'm going to go start my own thread for anyone that's interested.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Two questions:

How was the crowd? Since it is one of the few free ranges, I wondered if it would be swamped when the weather is nice. Ive been there before, but it was in November or December, and a good deal chillier.

Second...When I called the park to inquire about the range, they told me that I could only shoot calibers and weapons that could be used in hunting. That meant shotguns, pistols of legal hunting calibers, carbines etc.

Thus I was surprised to see your post about being able to shoot the AR, since you can't hunt with it. (Unless zombie hunting was your loophole)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have always found a table to shoot from.
    Other times, I've had to wait a few minutes at the 25yrd section before someone left, but have always been able to get right in and throw some lead.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a .50 cal black powder rifle there today that my brother got to shoot. :yesway:

No RPG's as far as I know. :D Oh, and 20mm cannons are prohibited too.:)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Two questions:
    Thus I was surprised to see your post about being able to shoot the AR, since you can't hunt with it. (Unless zombie hunting was your loophole)
    I first went there in 81 and there were AK's and AR's even then.

Yes, you can hunt with an AR, .223 rocks on Coyotes and if you have a .22lr upper it opens up small game too. Plenty of guys have built uppers for deer with the new deer hunting regs in place.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I love WW! Wyatt's in Cicero is opening a shooting range soon, but until then, I only go to WW for shooting.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Hey thanks for the invite!!! I am about 5 min away from WW. LOL!! I may down for an INGO WW trip next weekend, lets try to gt something going.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I first went there in 81 and there were AK's and AR's even then.

Yes, you can hunt with an AR, .223 rocks on Coyotes and if you have a .22lr upper it opens up small game too. Plenty of guys have built uppers for deer with the new deer hunting regs in place.

That wasnt the impression I had gotten when speaking to the DNR guy, but I have only visited the place once. Thats why I asked. I'll be more specific next time I call up there.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Hey thanks for the invite!!! I am about 5 min away from WW. LOL!! I may down for an INGO WW trip next weekend, lets try to gt something going.
    I've started another thread so as to not hijack this one. see my other post, but I'll be there next weekend around 9am.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That wasnt the impression I had gotten when speaking to the DNR guy, but I have only visited the place once. Thats why I asked. I'll be more specific next time I call up there.
    Don't call, just go. The DNR guy will not be your problem.
    Those who know, know. (watch out for old guy with baseball hat and revolver)

Back in the day all ranges were covered and people shot the poles in half!! If they were going to ban non-hunting arms that would have been a reason to do so.

Personally, if going in that direction, I invest a little extra time and go to Brookville Reservoir. Absolutely no comparison between the two facilities and the RO is a professional.

But for nostalgia, WW is great. I may take my bird dog out there this year to hunt just for the hell of it.

EDIT: I am talking about using your AR at the range. Are you talking about hunting with your AR? He told you no?

Top Bottom