• ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Police suspect man in string of home invasions - News- msnbc.com

This guy says he has been robbed 5 times since May. Holy cow!! You gotta wonder why they kept coming back and why it still happened. Did he not have enough money to reinforce doors, or move, etc? I feel really bad for people who have been robbed. As you know, my mom's house was broken into at the end of October. I know what you have to go through when things like this happens. So I feel bad for them, but 5 times???? geesh.

I agree, Maybe get a dog

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    One thing the "print" article doesn't show or tell is the fact that the man is an elderly man, my guess would be around 80ish. Probably lived there his whole life, why move now. I am all for reinforcing things, but who says his fixed income is enough for him to do it? I agree though, he should at least try to do something. Me I am sleeping with my gun under my pillow, I am to damn close to this area.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We have a sugar glider, aka a "face hugger". I'm going to train it to attack burglars and call it "Death From Above".

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    A lot of people are on a fixed income and do not have the money to move. Moving is not easy when you are broke most the time. It is easy to say to move, but if you live check to check, not so easy. You got the deposit? You got the first months rent for a better place when you are only just making your rent and meds now?

I am thinking he is stuck and because of the laws not allowing him to protect himself, he is struck until he is killed by one of the punks that prey on him. Or he protects himself and spends the rest of his life in jail.

dcbark01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    My girlfriend's house has been broken into 3 times in 6 months, 2 of those in one 13 day period. Granted there's some extenuating circumstances in these and it's not believed to be a random break-in, but it has shown me that money does seem to be the limiting factor in home protection. Lexan windows and full perimeter monitored security systems are great if you can afford them, but to me there's not a lot you can do to stop someone who is really determined from getting in to your home. However, that being said, once someone IS in your home, I AM a firm believer that a 12 gauge and 00 Buckshot are the best security system one can have that will prevent them from leaving in anything short of a body bag haha

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    A lot of people are on a fixed income and do not have the money to move. Moving is not easy when you are broke most the time. It is easy to say to move, but if you live check to check, not so easy. You got the deposit? You got the first months rent for a better place when you are only just making your rent and meds now?

I am thinking he is stuck and because of the laws not allowing him to protect himself, he is struck until he is killed by one of the punks that prey on him. Or he protects himself and spends the rest of his life in jail.

If I was the home-owner in question, I think I would take my chances by protecting myself and facing the prospect of the rest of my life in jail. Especially in this case. I mean, come on, someone up above did mention that he is like 80's ish already. The rest of his life in jail could be only a week or two...

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Am I missing something, what laws prevent him from protecting himself? This is in Indiana in which we are all living proof that you can own a firearm. And Indiana has the Castle Doctrine. So unless this guy is a felon, and from the new report I saw I highly doubt that he is. What is stopping this guy from buying a 20 gauge (he is old I figure a 12 ga may be too much) and putting an end to these people breaking into his house, and not facing any charges for it?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Police suspect man in string of home invasions - News- msnbc.com

This guy says he has been robbed 5 times since May. Holy cow!! You gotta wonder why they kept coming back and why it still happened. Did he not have enough money to reinforce doors, or move, etc? I feel really bad for people who have been robbed. As you know, my mom's house was broken into at the end of October. I know what you have to go through when things like this happens. So I feel bad for them, but 5 times???? geesh.

The first time you robbed me I would have gone and got a nasty dog, if I didn't have a firearm... the cheapest shotgun I could find.

Top Bottom