• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    The iron site on my CZ 75 (the one near the hammer) was fairly loose when I received it, and now it it falls out when I turn it sideways.

My first thought was to place a brass shim underneath it, but I would welcome other suggestions especially if there is some other best practice for this situation.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    1. Blue loctite

or

2. You can try and swedge the sight by sharply hammering on the part of the sight that fits into the dovetail.

This will slightly deform the metal out of shape so that it is a tight fit. If you decide to to this, I would use light, but sharp, strikes repeatedly checking the fit of the sight.

Again, obviously you don't want to beat it flat, but just enough to make it a tight fit.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Blue loctite would probably take care of it.. I don't know where you are located but if you are close to Greenwood and want me to take care of it PM me.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Move it out of the way and use a dot punch and put 4 pretty good dots in the dovetail under there the sight will sit, you and also take the sight off and dot punch the bottom of the sight near the ends of the dovetail

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Remove the sight and "ding" the bottom of the dovetail with a punch to raise a "bump". That should do it. Also, with a brass hammer, give the dovetail wings a moderate thump. Use the brass hammer to tap the sight back in. That should do it it but if it doesn't repeat with loctite.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Funny how everybody pretty much said the same thing. Makes me wonder if anyone reads beyond the OP...

Top Bottom