• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    don't know if this qualifies as 301 but it is sure over 101.
    A while back I asked if anybody had a gun project laying around that needed done.

DocIndy obliged me with this one:

He had a Colt 10mm Delta Elite Frame and a brand new Caspian slide he had been sitting on for a while and wanted to make a gun out of them.
    I said Sure :)

No usable guts just those 2 parts. The slide would not go on the frame either.

Here is what I received to start with.

Once I got some parts in the mail it was time to start fitting things.
    Notice lack of Slide serrations and beavertail radius and standard under cut on the trigger guard.
    Also I miss placed the pics but the 10mm feed ramp is steeper than the .45 feed ramp so I had to recut it to 31.5 degrees, Just sayin.

Kart NM Barrel Both Hood and lugs are oversize and need cut to fit.

Ed Brown High ride Beavertail.

Smith Alexander 1 piece magwell and Main spring housing: Blended

Might as well undercut the trigger guard :

1st mockup: ( I guess my mockup was prior to the undercut trigger guard.)

My anti Idiot Scratch relief, works real nice without cutting away a ton on the slide stop. It looks extra big in the picture, it's not that big

Time for some slide serrations:

Install sights and mockup to test fire:

After test firing I did have a couple of tweaks to make but over all not to bad: Gun is so very accurate.

Here is the Gun Finished. I did a lot of polishing on the parts and slide for DocIndy so this would shoot well but look awesome doing it. :)
    I learned that taking a good picture of glossy stainless is not easy.
    Here is the best I could get :)

I put some doubles in there i guess

Last edited:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    This is the first time I have seen it complete after polishing....and it looks absolutely awesome! I can't say enough positive things about AllenM and his work. We talked about this project a few months ago and just kind of rolled ideas back and forth. I really liked the idea of having something that was not a production or out of the box pistol. Allen took his time and walked me through the build process with lots of updates and photos. I stopped by to answer a few questions after the initial test firing session, and wanted to shoot it right then...but had work to do and couldn't play hookie to make a run to the range. All I can say is WOW! Allen isn't just a gunsmith... He is a true artist and puts a lot of pride in his work. I highly recommend him for gunsmith work and have a couple other projects I will be bringing to him when the parts finally get here. Now I can't wait to finally get in in my hands and put some oversized holes in paper!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Horrible looking pistol and horrible craftsmanship.

Allen, please don't be so expensive that I can't afford you when I am ready for some work! I don't usually let anyone mess with my stuff, but I would gladly have you do anything with my firearms!

The attention to detail is amazing. I have a sneaky suspicion you are a perfectionist.:)

Awesome, awesome work!:yesway::yesway:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Horrible looking pistol and horrible craftsmanship.

Allen, please don't be so expensive that I can't afford you when I am ready for some work! I don't usually let anyone mess with my stuff, but I would gladly have you do anything with my firearms!

The attention to detail is amazing. I have a sneaky suspicion you are a perfectionist.:)

Awesome, awesome work!:yesway::yesway:

Thanks for the compliment, I think I am very affordable.....right now :)
    I am still trying to get my rep out there and determine pricing.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    That is just awesome. I think its time for you to go into production.
    To hell with Ed Brown. We want Allen M custom 1911s.

I guess that means I have the prototype! :D. When I head to Texas, I will be stopping in Arkansas. Might have to stop at Wilson Combat on my way through.....I could use some mags!

Top Bottom