Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    INTRA vs. INTER

Intrastate: FFL not required

INTERstate: FFL required.

Examples:

INTRA: A police officer in Bloomington, Indiana has a Colt M6940 that he will get stupid Colt fanboy money from a lawyer in Lafayette, Indiana, with flowing hair, so much hair that he looks like Robert Plant. Lawyer sends cop money via priority mail, cop ships 6940 to lawyer's office. Lawyer, after combing his mad tangle of hair, so much hair, takes weapon home.

INTER: Jasper Lee Lee Longstreet Lee, Jr. of Gnawbone, Indiana, wants to buy a shotgun (non-C&R) from his second cousin's dog, Bitey, in Kentucky. The dog will ship the shotgun to Jasper's FFL of choice. Jasper will pony express a Western Union money order to Bitey. Jasper moseys into his FFL, fills out the 4473 and does the NICS check, unless Jasper has the new 5 year LTCH and is exempted. Jasper moseys homes with shotgun.
    :postpics:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You can mail (USPS) long guns interstate as well provided you are shipping to an FFL. If it was sent for repair they can mail it back to you also.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Actual examples used in my seminars/lectures.

Fact fun: the lawyer with the flowing hair is me.
    Wait a minute.. I met you this past summer and you had a buzz cut and I had the flowing hair.. now I have a buzz cut, did you get implants or o.d. on Rogaine?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    " unless Jasper has the new 5 year LTCH and is exempted." I didn't know that. Would you mind sharing a link to that fact.

Link? It is the law. There were more than several media reports about it when it went into effect6 months ago.

"When asked why a person might hold both permits, Smaltz explained that “[the] five-year permit will allow, if the State of Indiana and the Federal ATF come together, will allow a person to purchase a handgun during the period of their five-year permit without having to undergo a ‘NICS check‘ every time.”"

Wait a minute.. I met you this past summer and you had a buzz cut and I had the flowing hair.. now I have a buzz cut, did you get implants or o.d. on Rogaine?

I have always had Robert Plantesque hair. I do not know who would rock a medium regulation when they have so much natural hair like me.

1613490142932.png

Top Bottom