• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    WTF? Seriously? Not harsher sentencing for the use of a firearm in during the commission of a crime? Use of a firearm during the commission of a crime DOES deserve, and NEED a much harsher sentence. Where do you people come from? GGGRRRRRRRR.
    How can you be PRO gun and think that a crime should be more harshly punished merely because it was committed with a gun? Seriously, how is a crime worse based upon the use of a gun? Is someone more dead if killed by one?

We constantly have to fight this stigma attached to guns, and you are buying right into it. How can you argue that guns are not bad, when you agree that a crime is worse if one is used in the commission of that crime?

Someone should be punished for the CRIME committed, not the tool that was used nor the words that were said.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How can you be PRO gun and think that a crime should be more harshly punished merely because it was committed with a gun? Seriously, how is a crime worse based upon the use of a gun? Is someone more dead if killed by one?

We constantly have to fight this stigma attached to guns, and you are buying right into it. How can you argue that guns are not bad, when you agree that a crime is worse if one is used in the commission of that crime?

Someone should be punished for the CRIME committed, not the tool that was used nor the words that were said.
    We will just DISAGREE on this. For law-abiding gun owners, our guns are for defensive purposes ONLY. ANYONE who uses a firearm in the commission of a crime NEEDS to be punished MUCH more harshly, that`s my position, and I think you`re WAY off base on this.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If you kill someone with a bat, it's less of a crime?
    No one said that. The fact is, we`re not awash in bat murders in the U.S., but we ARE awash in ghetto rats murdering with firearms. These animals need to be taken off the streets one way or another, and adding harsh time and penalties for using a firearm during the commission of a crime is THE way to do that. This does nothing to our Second Amendment rights, since we`re all law-abiding and aren`t preying on anyone. I fail to see ANY issue whatsoever with this, and you can have your opinion, but I`ll certainly keep mine.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I would be willing to be bet if we had weekly crime with gun stats for his entire tenure up to this point we would find that there have been worse times than now. Begs the question why this loser has not taken care of this business already. Oh, nevermind.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Sounds like another Progressive state where the leaders, at least on the LEO side, are waking up to the effects of their city's Progressive POS policies. Revolving door of justice = no justice at all. Start actually putting ****head criminals in jail and crime might actually go down. Who would have thought?

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I always hear people say we need more police which I think we do. But what I think we need is a bigger spot light on prosecutors.
    The police do there job and then the prosecution fails the people.
    Marion county and other Progressive cities can’t and won’t be hard on criminals because that is there base.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Is this a lightfoot ploy to use covid funds for other things??????? chicago mayor declared racism as a disaster emergency of some sort to get millions of dollars out of the covid monies!!!!!!!
    why yes it is. if i find the link where it was suggested that governors use covid monies to combat the rise in gun violence, i'll edit this.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So they just start releasing criminals with no bail, not prosecuting them, crime goes up and it’s because guns started going off on their ****ing own all over town?
    but...but...that it was that mean ole gun's fault. my grandson din do nuffin...just cus he was holdin it dont mean it's his fault.

Attachments

• 00r0r_dwlzSLS3uRe_600x450.jpg
      00r0r_dwlzSLS3uRe_600x450.jpg
      29.3 KB · Views: 6

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I always hear people say we need more police which I think we do. But what I think we need is a bigger spot light on prosecutors.
    The police do there job and then the prosecution fails the people.
    Marion county and other Progressive cities can’t and won’t be hard on criminals because that is there base.
    they cater to the ones who contribute very little, if anything, to society.

madness, i say...madness.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

Sounds like another Progressive state where the leaders, at least on the LEO side, are waking up to the effects of their city's Progressive POS policies. Revolving door of justice = no justice at all. Start actually putting ****head criminals in jail and crime might actually go down. Who would have thought?
    i've been arguing for years about the legal system in this county. i lay no blame on leo. i actually sympathize with them. i could not put up with the bs that comes from the prosecutors, judges, and mayor in this county.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-rapper-had-just-released-164600998.html

check out some of the charges against the "victims".

they have a plan...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    i've been arguing for years about the legal system in this county. i lay no blame on leo. i actually sympathize with them. i could not put up with the bs that comes from the prosecutors, judges, and mayor in this county.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-rapper-had-just-released-164600998.html

check out some of the charges against the "victims".

they have a plan...

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, they want the criminals to run rampant and law abiding citizens unarmed. All part of the undoing of America.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm guessing that KLB and gregr didn't really hear each other out.

On the one hand KLB is absolutely right that we need to push back against the media stigmatizing guns.
    Ranting about "gun violence" as opposed to any other kind of "lethal violent violence", is no accident. Ditto with other jargon like "active shooter" instead of "active murderer". Most of us are active shooters...with squeaky clean records.

On the other hand, if the goal is to sweep thugs off the streets and keep them off, then why not add jail time for abusing their weapon of choice? Remember "Operation Exile" during GWBs 2nd term? Federal and local prosecutors tagg-teamed criminals with state and fed charges. Between them, the sentences were decades long--even without shooting anyone.

Of course, that would require that senile usurper-in-chief telling his AG to refocus his attention from AZ election audits and GA election reform...

Bob801

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Michigan
    This is another attempt to use emotional rhetoric to stir people to ignore the Constitution and trample rights. This is based in the disintegration of the traditional family. It has NOTHING to do with firearms whatsoever.

You’re right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm guessing that KLB and gregr didn't really hear each other out.

On the one hand KLB is absolutely right that we need to push back against the media stigmatizing guns.
    Ranting about "gun violence" as opposed to any other kind of "lethal violent violence", is no accident. Ditto with other jargon like "active shooter" instead of "active murderer". Most of us are active shooters...with squeaky clean records.

On the other hand, if the goal is to sweep thugs off the streets and keep them off, then why not add jail time for abusing their weapon of choice? Remember "Operation Exile" during GWBs 2nd term? Federal and local prosecutors tagg-teamed criminals with state and fed charges. Between them, the sentences were decades long--even without shooting anyone.

Of course, that would require that senile usurper-in-chief telling his AG to refocus his attention from AZ election audits and GA election reform...
    I don't agree with any goal of just sweeping thugs off of the street. If they commit an actual crime, prosecute them and punish them according to the law they broke. Adding time for using a gun is silly. I still equate it to hate speech. Let's make a law that says that something other than the crime committed can add jail time to an offense. Whether it is the specific weapon you used or the words you said, they are both stupid.

We don't need more people in our jails. We need to get the underlying problems fixed. Our "War on Drugs" is an abject failure. The money involved in the drug trade incentivizes people to violence. As stated above, Prohibition 2.0 got us to the same place the first one did. This one has just been going on a lot longer. Long enough that generations have grown up with the influence shoved in their faces. Combined with the deterioration of the nuclear family and poverty, many kids grow up seeing the gangs or sports as their only path. Obviously sports is not going to work for all but a very small percentage.

There is not going to be a quick and easy fix to these problems. I don't even know if there is one at this point.

Top Bottom