• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    The little "map compartment" on the drivers side door. When I close my door, you can't see down there from any angle, and my seat is so close to my inner door, even with the window down, you can't see down there.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I will not leave my gun unattended in my car at this time. However, I do intend, when I get a new vehicle, to bolt a safe into the car somewhere so I can have a not readily removable secure place to keep a handgun. Then I would feel ok leaving my car for a few seconds to go into the post office and such. I would however, never "store" a firearm in there.

And for the record, I want a truck that drives around selling guns like icecreams too.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    There are many options.

There are a lot of small safes you can buy for cars and trucks. Lock in your glove compartment (why do they call it that, nobody ever puts gloves in there) or center console.

On a different note, if there was a Gun Truck, what music would play as it drove through your neighborhood. "The ride of the Valkyries" would be my choice.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Carrying weapons of any kind is prohibited where I work. Thankfully, as I am sure you all know, the new Indiana law protects the right of individuals to keep a weapon in their locked vehicle. Were it not for this I would have to be at the mercy of the world when driving to and from. I leave my EDC in the center console. Fortunately, we have very good security and we don't have an issue with break-ins, etc.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    4515658236_e67a8e0428.jpg

I use a NanoVault like this. It won't stop a determined criminal with the right tools but if you loop the cable around your seat it will stop a common smash and grab.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    That's exactly what it's for. If they want it, they'll get it. Mine is to stop someone with nothing but a little change in mind from stepping the game up. Mine's the keyed one though.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The little "map compartment" on the drivers side door. When I close my door, you can't see down there from any angle, and my seat is so close to my inner door, even with the window down, you can't see down there.

When I drive I'll sometimes have a weapon there, but if I cannot take a weapon inside with me, I'll stash it under the rear bench and hope no one breaks in.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was really hoping for someone driving around selling guns and ammo like an icecream truck but different

When I thought of the term Gun Truck, I was thinking of what we called our Humvee's when differentiating between a cargo or command and the type that actually carried a weapon system.

You have an excellent business idea though selling guns, ammo, and ice cream from a truck. :spend:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Ive seen safes that bolt into the carparntment under the center console. Not saying buy off shay, but just idea what they are going for. What about holster under the steering wheel?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I use a Nano vault, wrap the wire around the trunk lid arm. I'm also able to lock my trunk from the driver seat so that nobody could smash the window and pop the trunk. You could have something come up unexpectedly at a place you're not allowed to carry so having a secure place to lockup your firearm in your vehicle is a good idea.
    Gunvault Nanovault Firearm Safe NV300. Gunvault Inc Gun Safes.

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I bolted a small safe in the center console of my car. It wouldn't probably stop someone determined enough with a long crowbar and hammer, but better than nothing. It holds my commuter gun, since I can't carry at work.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I was really hoping for someone driving around selling guns and ammo like an icecream truck but different

I work at a Honda dealership and one of the tool guys has his FFL and sells guns from his tool truck. Basically, it's like layaway at a LGS. He calls in the 4473 and once he gets the proceed from NICS, he accepts payments but he won't give up the gun until paid in full (opposite of tool accounts). Gonna get my wife a christmas gift that way :D

EM45HP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Indianapolis/Bloomington
    ...However, I do intend, when I get a new vehicle, to bolt a safe into the car somewhere so I can have a not readily removable secure place to keep a handgun. Then I would feel ok leaving my car for a few seconds to go into the post office and such...

Quick question about the IC. It's illegal to have your gun in a school (K-12) or on
    school property, unless you're in your vehicle and remain in your vehicle? When it comes to post offices, it is illegal to have them inside, but it is okay to exit your vehicle and leave your firearm in your vehicle (opposite from a school)?

If you fold up the center console turning it into a seat, there is a compartment under the seat part that latches, depending on the year of your Ram. My father's is a 2002. This compartment does not lock, but it is an unknown spot to most people who aren't familiar with those vehicles.

Top Bottom