• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Valpo was very little....many tables empty.....small group. Crown Point was better most tables filled.....both had very high prices...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Stopped at the Valpo show and was disappointed. Only good thing was plenty of room to maneuver as you could drive a car down the aisles.
    I kind of figured having both Lake and Porter County shows on same weekend would have a negative effect.

Did get my Zicks though and a nice OTF for the wife

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Considered doing a fly by on both just to get out a while, to see if anybody was properly applying Armor All to their "guns".

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Went to the Tipton Show Saturday with my (adult) son.

Place was full of People - normal amount of tables and merchandise - Prices for the most part were out of sight!

As normal food was great, other than food I didn't buy anything - rare for me. Son picked up about 500 rounds of 20GA shotgun shells for his granddaughter, high priced but better than most today...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Lagrange show is in Shipshe this weekend.
    I saw on one schedule another in Elkhart also, but it wasn't on the other schedule.

I will probably go to Shipshe. Supposed to be a 500.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    The Lagrange show is in Shipshe this weekend.
    I saw on one schedule another in Elkhart also, but it wasn't on the other schedule.

I will probably go to Shipshe. Supposed to be a 500.
    ...a 500? Do you mean they plan on having 500 tables setup? That would be bigger than the one they had last October.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I'm planning to go on Saturday, never heard of a "Nation Gun Day" show before but what the hell it's something to do.

Bring a big wallet. Last time I went, between parking and entry fee, it was about $35 IIRC. When the fair was there they had a crew in the parking lot stealing catalytic converters. (That is what a parking fee will get you.)

Even if I found a deal, I would have to buy a truckload just to recoup the fees...

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Did anybody go to Knob today? Report is a must.
    I did! We left in the morning planning to arrive right at the 9am start. We hit traffic 2 miles from the range and it too an hour and 40 minutes to cover those miles. I’m guessing attendance was 3x-5x as big as 2019.

The firing line was as active as ever on the upper range and the lines were long to rent machine guns on the lower range.

The gun show was packed and well stocked. Ammo and reloading supplies were priced anywhere from reasonable for the time all the way to outright thievery.

I came home with some first aid supplies and a well worn Winchester Model 12 that will be used for a riot gun project. All in all a good, but very muddy trip.

Top Bottom