• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Pretty good crowd this morning, despite the 1500 being just up the road.
    In alot of regards, I liked it better then the 1500.. I found nothing I could afford at the 1500, I was luckier in Columbus. Also it was easier parking. :)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I thunked about it more Binkerman and I think I should have said..

Hey Binkerman, I was running kinda late from the 1500 and when I saw the fairgrounds and instead of pulling in at the 1st entrance, I looked down and saw the big school building. Turned there and boom right there was the gun show building. Saved me from alot of time driving around the whole fairgrounds complex looking. Thanks that helped alot.

But I had new guns to play with so web and English decorum went right out the window.

Lucky I did not shorten it to TY all considering my new toys.. :)

Last edited:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Not a problem. I was hoping I didn't come off as a smart ass in the original reply, it really was the quickest, simplest way I could describe! That big school is the easiest landmark to see.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Not a problem. I was hoping I didn't come off as a smart ass in the original reply, it really was the quickest, simplest way I could describe! That big school is the easiest landmark to see.
    Not in the least, Hell lets be honest it was a great description.. Did you like the show?? That little show has NEVER disappointed me.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The last time I went to a Straight Shooters gun show, everything was over priced...and that was before the scandemic, guess I should try again....National Gun Day in Louisville sucked pond water....

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I might give the next one a go. I went back in Feb and was disappointed with the prices and overall lack of stuff I was interested in. I went to the 1500 this time and was even more disappointed. Just seems gun shows aren't what they used to be anymore.
    MAGGA - Make A Gunshow Great Again!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Well to gun shows not being as great, I off hand, knee jerk want to agree.. And there are lots of reasons.. Including the buyer.

Things selling so quick, so many people beating the bushes so to speak, Prices on the rise Etc etc etc. Hell its tough for dealers to find items to sell.

Also each of us look for harder to find items each time, you already found a basic gun, you are looking for the next stage. Usually something harder too find. A weird variation, And you want it for a deal. :)

Again lots and lots of factors.

I guess gun shows are like a box of chocolates.. (Yeech I am sorry about saying that, I feel so dirty now)

Top Bottom