• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LDisAwesome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    I was just wondering what kind of deals some of you have gotten on some handguns at local gun shows. There is a CPI gun show in Fort Wayne the beginning of March that I plan to attend. I was curious on how much of a deal I could expect to maybe get. I'm looking for a .22 some of which are priced at approx $300 -$600 msrp. Just would like to know what to look for so I do not get screwed over.

Thanks

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My experience at gun shows is it is a lot like shopping for anything. If you know what you are looking for and you have done your research, when you come by what you are looking for, you can pull the trigger(sorry I could not resist:D) with confidence. Many things I see are at silly prices but that does not keep me from making an offer that works for me. As I have always thought - it is not what the seller is asking - it is what I am willing to pay that matters. This is where patience comes into play.

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    Do your homework ahead of time. Know what the msrp is,look at auction sites to see what used is sold for(not asking price. Having this knowledge will help you spot a deal.
    Also keep an eye out for individuals walking the show looking to sell what they are carrying. You can find a bargain from them at times too.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have always gotten a better deal from the guys walking around and trying sell their individual guns rather than a dealer with a table. I am sure that it is because they can afford it since they do not have any overhead, but obviously selection is limited. But you definitely need patience when going that route.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ive got a few deals at the Ft Wayne shows. You just got to know what your looking for and what other places has it priced already so your not over paying!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    There are trade offs. All the advice so far has been solid. One other thing to consider is going the last day. I have found people more willing to deal that last day but the trade off is something you really want may be gone.

Have a plan, do your homework, and make an offer on what you can afford and if you can't strike a deal, check the classifieds on INGO!

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    The last day advice is a double edged sword. The idea being that the vendor's merchandise has not sold all weekend so maybe they'll be willing to deal. Or they have another show next weekend and are more than willing to pack up and wait. Its not bad advice at all just have to know who you are dealing with. What I prefer to do is go the first and the last day. I'll go on the first day and scoop up the obvious good deals like $30 for 1/k of primers when everyone else is selling for $35 or $40. This will also allow you to scope out what there is at the show. When you come back on the last day and the same merchandise is there then you may have a better opportunity for a deal, especially if the vendor is not planning on attending another show in subsequent weekends. Just my theories obviously.

Top Bottom