• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oddball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    United States
    Figure this group would be a good resource for this question.
    I recently came into many firearms. Shotguns, rifles, muzzles and pistols. Pretty much a cache of guns. What would be the best way to sell several guns?

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    I recently came into many firearms. Shotguns, rifles, muzzles and pistols. Pretty much a cache of guns. What would be the best way to sell several guns?

Listed in level of ease (price likely inverse):
    Lot sale to members here with good feedback via classifieds. One price for all. They come to you and pick them up.

Lot sale to gun store (sell outright or place them on consignment). You bring them all to a location.

Individual listing here via classifieds. Piecemeal.

Individual listings on sites like GunBroker (most work unless you turn them over to a store). Shipping is a pain and must ship to another FFL.

…and most importantly, know your local and federal laws.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    First get someone you trust that knows guns and prices and maybe offer them a fair price and they could do you right.

2 if you try to have a gun store buy them the normal standard is they will give you around 60-65% of what they are worth. If you have a to. It might be worth it only you know.

If you post them be prepared for the e mails with people just being more nosey than serious.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    That's a helluva introductory post, 10 years after joining! Now you just need 49 more posts over the next 5 centuries and you'll be able to list them in the classifieds section for sale.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Listed in level of ease (price likely inverse):
    Lot sale to members here with good feedback via classifieds. One price for all. They come to you and pick them up.

Lot sale to gun store (sell outright or place them on consignment). You bring them all to a location.

Individual listing here via classifieds. Piecemeal.

Individual listings on sites like GunBroker (most work unless you turn them over to a store). Shipping is a pain and must ship to another FFL.

…and most importantly, know your local and federal laws.
    to add another option to this good advice, you could get a booth at your next local gun show. Private guys with a table of 15 guns or so used to be the bread and butter of gun shows. Remember, know your laws. The people orchestrating the show can help you out too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lots of good advice so far.

If you plan on selling them here, First step would be to become a site supporter. That will get you instant access to the classifieds. Its only $20/year so you'll make that back quickly.

Just take a look at all 3 links in my signature to familiarize yourself with the rules. Especially that 3rd link.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would simply buy a site supporter membership and start listing them one at at time in the INGO classifieds.

It's worth studying up on the INGO rules and all of the tips listed in numerous threads here. A lot of experience buying and selling with the membership here. Some things may not be so apparent, wise or even safe without some of this knowledge.

I'll give you one tip right here. Batch sales will be much more difficult sales and will not be to your advantage for the best money.

Searches will also turn up what similar firearms have been sold for and give you an idea of how long a sale could take.

Don't be shy about linking your first few adds back to this thread. Folks will be happy to help with critique.

Best of luck, friend.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Lots of good advice so far.

If you plan on selling them here, First step would be to become a site supporter. That will get you instant access to the classifieds. Its only $20/year so you'll make that back quickly.

Just take a look at all 3 links in my signature to familiarize yourself with the rules. Especially that 3rd link.
    What signature?
    I ask brother because I’m not seeing a Sig line.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    My best advice is to open a gunbroker account. It's free, just like ebay. After your acct. is set up, to the right of the search bar it says advanced, click that.
    Then once there, click completed auctions. Type in the firearm and you will see actual completed auctions of what it/they sold for. To look at completed auctions you have to have an acct.
    Selling on GB is not hard at all. It just takes a little time to learn, I would start with the cheaper items to get the hang of it.
    To get the most money out of all of them, it will be better to sell them individually, you can also "part" out ammo and accessories too.
    Accessories are worth about half of the original retail. Example if a scope cost $300 new, you can expect to get around $150 for it.

All the information you need will be on the guns themselves. Make model etc. Should be stamped on the barrel or receiver somewhere.
    Hope this helps.

Oddball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    United States
    That's a helluva introductory post, 10 years after joining! Now you just need 49 more posts over the next 5 centuries and you'll be able to list them in the classifieds section for sale.
    Yeah, I joined the group 10 years ago when my father passed and I inherited his collection. Now my brother just passed and I got his as well. Over 100 guns. Not complaining, it’s a good problem to have!

Top Bottom