• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, Im not sure if this has been asked, as I did not find it in the FAQ or the search button, but I'm making a road trip to the new Cabela's in Kentucky this weekend, and am curious as to whether or not I could legally purchase a firearm there, being a resident of Indiana. Im almost positive I can, as the 4473 only asks for current residency address, but before I find something I like and get my hopes up, I want to make sure Im not breaking any state or federal laws in purchasing it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may be wrong, but I'm thinking you can purchase the gun there, but that it has to be shipped to an FFL here and they will do the 4473.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Are you purchasing a long gun or handgun. If a long gun then yes. A handgun would need to be shipped to your Ffl.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    For handgun purchase you could get a signed copy of your local dealer's FFL and a signed letter appointing you his agent. Show that to the seller and he should let you hand deliver the gun to your dealer. Might be a good idea to call ahead and see if they'll accept that.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    Gun purchase

A long gun is no problem. If you are going to purchase a hand gun , they may be willing to ship it to your local FFL dealer, if you have a signed copy of his FFL license with you .:ar15:

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    I called a cop relative of mine one time, about checking the serial numbers on a gun . He said that he would do it if he had the gun in his possession . I asked him if I could just give him the serial numbers over the phone . He said that if the gun turned out to be stollen he had to turn it in immediately. After he entered his personal Id into the data base , he was personally responsible for the gun.

Top Bottom