• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Could skip the hunting rifle if you don't hunt. I personally don't have much use for one.
    I have on old Marlin 336 30-30 and a surplus Mosin, but don't really need them.

An AK is ballistically on par with 30-30 and will take deer handily with good soft points.

I have a serious marlin 336 in 35 Rem that will kill a car so hunting is well in its purview.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment. My arsenal is small and covers the basics, but there is room for maybe filling a niche that currently lies empty. There are many guns that I would like to have for fun or just cool factor, but they aren't anything I really NEED at the moment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    wonder how similar ours are. Mine was my dads, so it’s an older model and it has the shorter tube. Nice looking, well balanced rifle.

This is an older rifle that belonged to a friends dad. It got to be a handful for him to carry all day and the recoil is on the upper side so I now have it.

Wire Fox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's always hard to draw the line between what's "hoarding" and just having a good selection to have the right tool for the job. My stash currently has the most overlap in the handgun realm and still has some perceivable gaps in the longarm space. I could do with diversifying caliber a bit, plus need some items that are more optimized for close range, as well as a good long-range option. I have just the personal defense and mid-range sphere covered fairly well...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    At least the one on me...

Had to take out the door frame to get the safe into the closet tho.

It's always hard to draw the line between what's "hoarding" and just having a good selection to have the right tool for the job. My stash currently has the most overlap in the handgun realm and still has some perceivable gaps in the longarm space. I could do with diversifying caliber a bit, plus need some items that are more optimized for close range, as well as a good long-range option. I have just the personal defense and mid-range sphere covered fairly well...

Different guns for different purposes or matches is part of being in a club. If you have a bunch of stuff in a type of firearm (but not all the same model) or all different types, that's collecting.

IMO "hoarding" is when you have more than 2-3 of a given model. Backups are great but 8 glock 19s is a bit much.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't know. :scratch:

Hopefully when we get a little time into next year we don't discover that we wish we had a few G19's sprinkled around here and there? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At this point in my journey I find so much "ZEN" when I am at the gun bench. If I go to long with no projects I get bored and edgy. The process for me is the hunt. Figure out "What" I want to build and then find it. Start taking it apart and then its off to the races. After a year or so of this wash rinse and repeat I end up with some really sweet pieces in CZ/1911/2011/AR's and run out of space. Tax time comes and many will find new homes through selling/trading and friends wanting one of them.

Then the cycle begins again just like right now. I promised I would just modify some of the work I had already done and wait until 2021 to start anything fresh. Well I just could not wait that long.

No hoarder here my friends. And Beto can kiss the donkey.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    2020-03-06-07-42-20.jpg

3a86ed899824890579b9f63099f22bdd.jpg

Top Bottom