• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    HTF does a gun get left in a couch at Ikea?

WTF doesn't teach their chilluns about guns?

My BIL. He told me he doesn't want his kids to learn anything about guns because he's afraid they might like them, and he doesn't want to inflict any more gun nuts on the country.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    That's not how the law should work.

He broke no laws, so he should be charged with nothing. He has no reason to "settle" on a lesser crime that doesn't apply to him.

Isn't up to the courts to decide if he broke any laws? His being charged with reckless endangerment. So is losing control of one's gun reckless, did he create a dangerous situation by his actions?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    We need to treat this accident as an opportunity for education and responsibility but not agree with prosecuting the gun owner as if he were somehow more evil than everyone else.
    I agree with you but this does brings us back to the question of "how do you make a horse drink after leading it to water?" This individual is clearly part of that group of gun owners who don't know what they don't know and aren't interested in finding out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is that just for guns? Or if you take your eyes off the road and rear end a car with children in it should you eat a felony?

Maybe. Negligence is negligence.

Stupid should hurt. If stupid hurt a bit more, there would be a lot less stupid.

Responsibility and accountability are becoming a lost concept.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Is that just for guns? Or if you take your eyes off the road and rear end a car with children in it should you eat a felony?

Do you really want to use that analogy?

given the gun control nuts looking under every rock to think of ways to make guns more costly to keep and bear in many states.

I know Indiana is not except for recent city stuff I remember from say..........a week ago?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you really want to use that analogy?

given the gun control nuts looking under every rock to think of ways to make guns more costly to keep and bear in many states.

I know Indiana is not except for recent city stuff I remember from say..........a week ago?

It's not an analogy. We're going to start using what anti gun politicians do to decide if someone's actions are a felony? If it's really about endangering, let's see felonies for car accidents.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hamilton county, so no explicit anti-gun agenda here. (At least not one that I'm familiar with, and I think I'd find out about it.) :)

IMHO, the prosecutor is politically risk-averse. The charge is probably a calculated risk that it is important to "do something about it" without going so far as to look like they think there's a bigger problem.

Sounds about like what politicians would do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Stupid should hurt. But not every act of stupidity deserves the death penalty, felony prison sentences, or criminal charges at all. The punishment should fit the crime or behavior. Seems like we all want a pound of flesh no matter what someone does anymore.

Top Bottom