• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    What are the personal feelings of those on here about the current state of affairs in Indiana and the country regarding gun control and the advocates of such legislation? What I'm getting at is that on a federal level we have a somewhat reasonable amount , even though it's not constitutionally correct... There are a small portion of the ruling class that would ban guns comprehensively or make purchasing and owning them very restrictive.. Should we be worried? Will a second term for big-O field a push for 2a restrictions?? When does the populace as a whole make a show that we will not be dictated in such a manner to strip away our rights in the name of making us more safe?? It makes me wonder what I would be personally willing to do to make a difference in a non-violent way of course....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What are the personal feelings of those on here about the current state of affairs in Indiana and the country regarding gun control and the advocates of such legislation? What I'm getting at is that on a federal level we have a somewhat reasonable amount , even though it's not constitutionally correct... There are a small portion of the ruling class that would ban guns comprehensively or make purchasing and owning them very restrictive.. Should we be worried? Will a second term for big-O field a push for 2a restrictions?? When does the populace as a whole make a show that we will not be dictated in such a manner to strip away our rights in the name of making us more safe?? It makes me wonder what I would be personally willing to do to make a difference in a non-violent way of course....

If it is not Constitutionally correct (that is, permissible), then it is not "reasonable".
    Let's see:
    Nothing larger than .50 cal.
    Nothing that fires too fast, too quietly, or from too short a barrel without special permission.
    Nothing new that fires too fast is allowed for citizens.
    A system of federally licensed dealers, without whom no one can purchase new.
    Purchasing from one of those dealers requires permission from the government.
    A now-expired law saying that nothing that looked scary could be bought or sold.
    A piece of shoestring was determined to be a machine gun.
    No spare parts for the repair of a suppressor may be kept by a citizen without paying an exorbitant fee.

I'm sure there are other ludicrous points to this "somewhat reasonable" level of regulation that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Of note, since gov't knows who and where "their" dealers are, and when they're there, they're easily shut down, totally eliminating the ability to buy new firearms.

What are the personal feelings around here? I can only speak of my own, but I think they are unConstitutional and should be declared null and void.

All of them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm with BoR. Unconstitutional = Unreasonable

And Yes, OP, if Barry Hussein gets another term, you can bet your life savings on his continued covert assaults on 2A via anti gun Fed Judge nominations, exec order, BS BATFE rulings, etc and overt attempts via legislation

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    If it is not Constitutionally correct (that is, permissible), then it is not "reasonable".
    Let's see:
    Nothing larger than .50 cal.
    Nothing that fires too fast, too quietly, or from too short a barrel without special permission.
    Nothing new that fires too fast is allowed for citizens.
    A system of federally licensed dealers, without whom no one can purchase new.
    Purchasing from one of those dealers requires permission from the government.
    A now-expired law saying that nothing that looked scary could be bought or sold.
    A piece of shoestring was determined to be a machine gun.
    No spare parts for the repair of a suppressor may be kept by a citizen without paying an exorbitant fee.

I'm sure there are other ludicrous points to this "somewhat reasonable" level of regulation that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Of note, since gov't knows who and where "their" dealers are, and when they're there, they're easily shut down, totally eliminating the ability to buy new firearms.

What are the personal feelings around here? I can only speak of my own, but I think they are unConstitutional and should be declared null and void.

All of them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Well said, Sir.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    A free people claim their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.
    -Jefferson

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    -Beccaria

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    BOR

You stated very well and I totally agree!!!! I only said reasonable because it's a compromise with the sheep of the world who feel uneasonably threatened by law abiding folks who have a constitional right to own such objects... I don't agree with any level of gun control for law abiding citizens!!! What I'm curious of is how far people will let it go???!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It makes me wonder what I would be personally willing to do to make a difference in a non-violent way of course....

Sadly, history shows more often than not that tyranny does not comprehend non-violence. Often it must be met with a language it can comprehend.

pacem ora, para bellum

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    J wales

I'm afraid that is the only outcome it will eventually require to wake up the ruling class that we will not allow them to strip us of our freedom no matter what liberty it is!!! The Loss of liberty is not justified by the attempt of the greater good! I see every day that the sheep of this world will allow their rulers to enslave them with the bonds of the law! They fall prey to the belief it's an attempt to keep them safe?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I'm afraid that is the only outcome it will eventually require to wake up the ruling class that we will not allow them to strip us of our freedom no matter what liberty it is!!! The Loss of liberty is not justified by the attempt of the greater good! I see every day that the sheep of this world will allow their rulers to enslave them with the bonds of the law! They fall prey to the belief it's an attempt to keep them safe?

Indeed.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I came into this world screaming and bathed in the blood of another. If forced, I have no problem going out the same way.

Top Bottom