• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    A lot of the quotes from the founding fathers make it sound like the purpose of the second was to protect the people from government - foreign as much as our own.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    A lot of the quotes from the founding fathers make it sound like the purpose of the second was to protect the people from government - foreign as much as our own.

Um, that IS what the 2A is for...
    Still what it's for today too.

Interesting link.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Um, that IS what the 2A is for...
    Still what it's for today too.

Interesting link.

Indeed.

The phrases "self defense" or "personal defense" that get used so often in our day and age seem - to me - to emphasize protection from other citizens. While a lot of the quotes seem to emphasize protection from the government instead.

Its just an angle I hadnt given as much weight to...although now that I think about it and disect their words, it makes more sense the way the founding fathers were thinking about it.

:patriot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    gun-control-works1.jpg

:noway:

We will see who is added in the years to come.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    printcraft you left out Obama? whats up with that :D anyway I love the quotes I have heard most of them before but some I have never heard, I wish they would teach these in school! Instead the liberal schools indoctrinate our children that the government will always take care of you and you don't need guns because they kill! Until the sheep wake up one day to find out they are being led to the slaughterhouse and they found out to late that they were just being fattened up for the kill! Kill em' with ignorance that is the Government's stand on the issue!

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    We will see who is added in the years to come.

Where are the photos of the framers of the gun control laws in NY, IL, WI, and CA? Forget about the heads of certain LE agencies, such as BATFE? How about those who pushed the NFA, 1968 GCA, AWB (sic), and those who continue to push federal legislation to allow the law abiding to become more easily victimized?

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

One of the best ones yet.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    The Yamamoto quote, while pretty cool in concept, is almost universally believed to be false... has been for a long time.

There are several that are essentially paraphrased, but the good ideas are there.

I believe that the Josh Sugarman quote is a little weak.
    That slimy weasel has spewed far more vile and aggressive filth from his treasonous mouth than that.

I hope no offense was taken from my comment OP, that concept is one of my pet peeves.
    The 2A is meant as protection for the people from the government.
    Also: The Bill of Rights doesn't GRANT rights; it PROTECTS them.
    Etc.

LoL at Bill Clinton and Mayor Dailey! I'd love to see a coherent anti-gun comment from those rubes!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

One of the best ones yet.

So, what does a love of weapons imply then? Ya, that's right... I know you're all thinking what I'm thinking.

As a side note though, does anyone else see Bill Clinton in the quote above?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TiffanieArcher
    Top Bottom