3c1rj4.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Feel free to cross post, I was looking for a place to post it and this is where it landed.

I went through my subscriptions and deleted 4 pages today so it is less cumbersome.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stephen Gutowski said:
    The CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods says his various anti-gun decisions have cost his company a quarter of a billion dollars. The damage is only likely to get worse for Dick's too. Their previous loses came at a time when the entire gun industry was weak. Over the last two months sales have begun to soar thanks in large part to some Democrats advocating confiscation.

So, Dick's is dismantling its gun business just as demand for new gun sales ramps back up. CEO Ed Stack essentially destroyed a sizeable portion of his publicly-traded company's business right before it would have seen substantial growth because of his personal political beliefs. The most bizarre part of all this is Stack comes across as bragging about losing a quarter of a billion dollars for his shareholders. He seems to be glad to have done that in order to fulfill his personal politics.

Stack has gone so far as to order the destruction of $5 million worth of company inventory explicitly because he doesn't believe anyone should be allowed to have it and used company money to hire lobbyists to advocate not for anything related to the business but for gun control.

Dick's sells a lot more than firearms, of course, but even Stack called it a "sizeable" part of the company's business and used to be featured in nearly all of their stores. Stack has essentially completely destroyed that part of the company's business.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/dicks...-shrank-company-by-a-quarter-billion-dollars/

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was an Intelligence Analyst for several years, I have a hard time understanding how one could get PTS.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    language warning

[video=youtube;kv946KHbQ78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv946KHbQ78[/video]

Ah...the appeal to emotion. Always a winner (if you're uninformed). I agree with this guy, they don't speak for me. Not that I served but as a citizen and a member of the militia.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    language warning

[video=youtube;kv946KHbQ78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv946KHbQ78[/video]

I spent 21 years in U.S.M.C./ Army and 3 yrs in Iraq after that for D.O.D. These morons DON'T speak for me. I've seen what happens when the populace are disarmed. **** these traitors! :xmad:

Bob

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I spent 21 years in U.S.M.C./ Army and 3 yrs in Iraq after that for D.O.D. These morons DON'T speak for me. I've seen what happens when the populace are disarmed. **** these traitors! :xmad:

Bob

I know some vets that are anti-gun.
    But I know many more vets that are not.

I got into an argument one time when someone brought up that idiot Army General that was on CNN, they told me his argument meant more because he was a general, and I was only enlisted.
    Never mind the guy couldn't even use correct terminology or even fire the weapon right.
    And the fact that generals don't rule through democracy or republicanism.

still more language warning
    [video=youtube;UgPmWopkVF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPmWopkVF4[/video]

Top Bottom