• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I've used it - son swears by it. Seems to work pretty well. I guess I have used just about everything to clean guns in my life. When I was in my early teens money was very tight. I cleaned my 22's with a rag tied to a piece of fishing line & a "bobby pin" tied to the other end. Used kerosene, gasoline, or sometimes Naptha as a solvent and 3 in 1 oil or motor oil as a lube and preservative. Actually did a real good job.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any one else use Kano Kroil to clean there guns?

I started using a 50/50 mix of Hoppes and Kroil to clean my bench guns and I'm sold on the process. I found that after 1 or 2 cleaning sessions using the mix, there is no longer any copper fouling in the barrels. I used to spend a couple hours using Hoppes alone, brushing and running patches until all traces of copper (blue/green patches) were removed. Now I run a brush through with the mix to remove the carbon, wait about 15 minutes and then run patches. The 2nd patch through usually comes out completely clean. I swab the bore with a little of the mix and just run a dry patch through before each shooting session.

Over the years I've seen a lot of claims about magic oils that penetrate metal and never believed any of them until I tried Kroil. I tried Kroil alone, but it didn't seem to remove the carbon as well as the Hoppes/Kroil mix. I keep a quart jar full of the mix for soaking suppressor parts and baffles. I just drop the parts in and let them soak overnight. The next day the carbon and lead deposits brush off easily.

I just add a can or 2 to my Midway orders whenever I need parts or accessories.

Semper Fi, Mac !!!!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I started using a 50/50 mix of Hoppes and Kroil to clean my bench guns and I'm sold on the process. I found that after 1 or 2 cleaning sessions using the mix, there is no longer any copper fouling in the barrels. I used to spend a couple hours using Hoppes alone, brushing and running patches until all traces of copper (blue/green patches) were removed. Now I run a brush through with the mix to remove the carbon, wait about 15 minutes and then run patches. The 2nd patch through usually comes out completely clean. I swab the bore with a little of the mix and just run a dry patch through before each shooting session.

Over the years I've seen a lot of claims about magic oils that penetrate metal and never believed any of them until I tried Kroil. I tried Kroil alone, but it didn't seem to remove the carbon as well as the Hoppes/Kroil mix. I keep a quart jar full of the mix for soaking suppressor parts and baffles. I just drop the parts in and let them soak overnight. The next day the carbon and lead deposits brush off easily.

I just add a can or 2 to my Midway orders whenever I need parts or accessories.

Semper Fi, Mac !!!!

What he said. Great stuff for removing fouling.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why mix Hoppes 50/50? Why not just clean with 100% Hoppes?

From my original post:

I found that after 1 or 2 cleaning sessions using the mix, there is no longer any copper fouling in the barrels. I used to spend a couple hours using Hoppes alone, brushing and running patches until all traces of copper (blue/green patches) were removed. Now I run a brush through with the mix to remove the carbon, wait about 15 minutes and then run patches. The 2nd patch through usually comes out completely clean.

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    thanks to all the replys i have been using kroil for 30yrs great stuff my grandfather showed the many uses of it including gun cleaning

Top Bottom