• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Anyone else put their gun buying on hold to concentrate those funds elsewhere? My gun collection is all I currently need, actually more than I have time to shoot, so now spending those funds on reloading components for .223, .40, 16 ga, and buying .22, all of which I may need if the world turns south. Also accumulating silver coins, bars and rounds. I have a gun dealer friend that will trade his silver for my extra guns and ammo which helps cash flow. Just my out look on life since I have retired. Doom and Gloom.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Anyone else put their gun buying on hold to concentrate those funds elsewhere? My gun collection is all I currently need, actually more than I have time to shoot, so now spending those funds on reloading components for .223, .40, 16 ga, and buying .22, all of which I may need if the world turns south. Also accumulating silver coins, bars and rounds. I have a gun dealer friend that will trade his silver for my extra guns and ammo which helps cash flow. Just my out look on life since I have retired. Doom and Gloom.
    I’ve also just semi-retired and have looked over my collection and reloading equipment and stocks. Some days it looks like a crazy situation others it looks positive and fun. Overall you gotta look at the “glass is at least half full” because you are still alive, have a great hobby and you can still move about. You also have the support of INGO members and should seek out members in like situations and share experiences. Best of luck to you!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Retiring next month, I have everything I will ever need.
    However, I just spent $60 at recoilgunworks on extra mags I don’t need, so much for that.
    Decisions, decisions?!?
    Dinner with wife?
    Or 5 xtra range mags?
    Well since Recoil is having a mag sale and all mags bought today ship for a flat $5 fee.
    Guess what I did?
    Don’t worry,
    I’ll take her out to dinner tomorrow.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I own several firearms, several thousand rounds of ammunition, and have the training to put up a good show of protecting what is mine. If the world goes south, and you come, armed or not, to take what is mine, I'll will do my utmost to make sure you never bother anyone else, ever. If the world goes south, and you come explaining that you are cold, hungry or both, I will shelter you, and I will feed you. The 'world' is not the problem. 'People' are the problem. Eliminate the bad ones, the rest of us will be better off.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    On hold because there's nothing I *need*.

I'm also waiting until the Beretta 300 Patrol hits the shelves and has been beta-tested by thousands of others before I may invest. More palatable price than the 1301 Tac that I covet.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Just on the brink of retirement, and husband lost his job after exhausting all of his PTO and FMLA due to several surgeries. The place i work is closing our facility this year. We have a gun we haven't even shot yet, because until recently couldn't find ammo, and a few that are pretty new that need practicing with. I wanted to upgrade my EDC, but haven't had a chance to practice with it and figure out a holster. On the plus side, I've worked a lot of my life away, and am looking forward to some time off before deciding what to do. We don't really need more guns, but could be tempted. Really need to practice, train, and buy or reload more ammo.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I haven't bought anything in a while, but on the lookout for a semi-auto 12 gauge. Trying to figure out if I want something nice or an ugly SX4 that I can beat up.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been retired for 13 months and building our new home out of pocket , so yes, gun related stuff is a no go.
    I did buy a new muzzleloader back in the summer due to ML season falling during the rut here in Tennessee. Currently looking at different caliber uppers for my ARs to keep future spending in check a little.
    Henry isn't doing me any favors releasing that new semi-auto 9mm. There will always be firearms, new and old that I want, but not enough to un-retire to my old job where disposable income often allowed whimsical gun purchases.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Updating retirement planning - still a few years left to go. No debts of any kind. Would like more PMs, but not at these prices. No more room for guns and ammo, so looking to sell some off. Our retirement income would exceed what we take in now, but our beloved gov makes all that a crap shoot. Might be looking to replace the Benelli M4 with the new Beretta, but that's the only plan, besides sighting in existing stock. Maybe a can.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't just slowed down on buying, I have a few guns I may be posting up for sale soon.

I bought a "cheap" project vehicle from @ditcherman that I've been wrenching on for the past four months. I've probably sunk more money into this '97 4Runner in those four months than I spent on guns in the past five years. But it's been fun none the less.

IMG_20230103_121556.jpg

Top Bottom