• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What width do you all prefer? My current "normal" belt is 1.5" wide. For a gun belt is 1.5" a norm or 1.25"? I'll be using an AIWB with c clips for a BT380...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've only ever had 1.25" belts and I really wish I had gone with 1.5". The problem is that the belt loops are too much bigger than the belt, which makes for a lot of "play" between the belt and the waistband. My next belt will definitely be a 1.5" or the 1.5" tapered to 1.25" at the front.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    1.5" all the way, with tapers if you want for the look. I'm pretty big and tall, so 1.5" doesn't look to strange in the front for a dress belt. Someone much smaller would probably want a taper.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I have an 1 1/4 in black and am getting ready to buy one in brown/tan. My daily dress is suites 3/4 of the time and the belt loops just are not big enough for 1 1/2 belts, much less, a gun belt.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    1.5" belt for daily use, If I have to dress "up" I have a Comptac leather belt that tapers from 1.5" to 1.25".

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I've only ever had 1.25" belts and I really wish I had gone with 1.5". The problem is that the belt loops are too much bigger than the belt, which makes for a lot of "play" between the belt and the waistband. My next belt will definitely be a 1.5" or the 1.5" tapered to 1.25" at the front.

Me, too. I use my 1.25 all the time, but my next one will be 1.5.

I would say that 1.5 is "normal" unless you work in a dressier environment, and then 1.25.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    1.5" would be "normal" when it comes to gun belts. Most don't go below 1.25" as its tough to keep the belt from "rolling" over with the weight of a gun. Some "operator-type" belts will be 1.75".

+1 on The Beltman. Great quality. Pricey but worth it.

I've been trying out a new 5.11 leather casual belt with an added stiffener this week and so far I really like it. My only complaint is that the "brown" looks WAY more like black. It does NOT match my brown leather holster. But its incredibly rigid and holds the gun nice and tight. At $30 its a value.

Leather Casual Belt - 1.5" | Accessories | 5.11 Tactical

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    The wife got me an Uncle Mike's instructor belt. Pretty sure mine's a 1.75. It's nylon so it doesn't go with everything. I may look for a good leather belt soon.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have an 1.5" belt from Gun Belts by The Belt Man and an 1.25" from Galco. The Galco is good but the Belt Man's are much better. IMHO

His belts are among the best carry belts. They are made to order so they take a few weeks to get one, but the wait is well worth it.

Before you buy anywhere, I highly recommend you check the Belt Man.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Just received my 1.5" double bull hide leather belt with internal stiffner from the Belt Man yesterday and I'm not sure how I ever made was able to carry without it. It's spectacular and worth both the cost ($80.00) and the wait (6 weeks).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've been trying out a new 5.11 leather casual belt with an added stiffener this week and so far I really like it. My only complaint is that the "brown" looks WAY more like black. It does NOT match my brown leather holster. But its incredibly rigid and holds the gun nice and tight. At $30 its a value.

Leather Casual Belt - 1.5" | Accessories | 5.11 Tactical

This too shall pass. I bought the "leather" belt with the stiffener, because I am cheap and didn't want to pay Beltman prices. After several weeks with the 5.11 belt it lost its color. It's a stiff belt and may be ok if looks don't matter, but I was unhappy with mine. It looks like crap because it scratches very easily.

I also agree that their interpretation of "brown" is a little off.

Top Bottom