• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Last Freije auction I went to the prices were WAY higher than what I'd consider good. That was a couple auctions ago, so maybe last year's had good deals. It's fun to go watch/look but I don't normally plan to buy at auction.

From my limited experience it seems that really high end guns go for decent deals but mid and low end guns sell for more than they should.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Generally auctions are a bad deal for buyers. And the new trend of a "buyers premium" makes it even worse. In this case you can see:

a 10% will be in effect this auction

That means that in addition to the BID price and the sales tax, you will pay Freije an additional 10% for their "trouble". Sorry, I'll PASS!

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I used to regularly attend these auctions until they started to charge a 10 percent buyers premium. It is almost
    Impossible to get a good deal anyway when going against online proxi-bidders.

Last edited:

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    The last "local Gun Auction" I attended---(20 years ago)------Raven 25 acp were bringing 75.00(grip panel missing),to 125.00 in box-------when I had my ffl,I could buy them at 3 for 100.00...
    I do have a question------I have a cousin,that is a auctioneer-- he gets a flat 25% on ALL sales------Is the buyers premium on top of the normal fee,or just 10% of the selling price??????

Some auctions charge a fee to get a bidders number then there is the fee to register ----------------------

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    The last "local Gun Auction" I attended---(20 years ago)------Raven 25 acp were bringing 75.00(grip panel missing),to 125.00 in box-------when I had my ffl,I could buy them at 3 for 100.00...
    I do have a question------I have a cousin,that is a auctioneer-- he gets a flat 25% on ALL sales------Is the buyers premium on top of the normal fee,or just 10% of the selling price??????

Some auctions charge a fee to get a bidders number then there is the fee to register ----------------------
    yes it is on top of there commission which is now generally more than 25 percent. Its just greed!!!!

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I looked on proxibid the other day and I'd say there will not be much in the way of deals. I was planning on going but most everything is bid up to what I was wanting to pay already.

Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    The couple guns I was interested is above what I wanted to pay. Still going to spend the day with my dad. Hoping to get some reloading supplies and ammo.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I'll be there. I usually go just for the fun. I do see a few things in there I want. I was surprised they have a 10% on site fee. So it looks like the auctioneer will make about 35% on each sale. 25% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. But they are a good honest auctioneer. I have seen some who have "ghost" buyers in the crowd. Saw one local auctioneer get caught at it once. More than half the people left when it happened.
    Look for they guy in the Hawaiian shirt and say hi.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    People often ask what their firearm is worth and I always say it's worth what someone will pay for it. The place to get that info is at an auction.

Top Bottom