• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    The weather was perfect and aside from a little water and mud the range was in great shape. New .45 works like it should, G44 is fun to practice with and an old SKS shot better that I imagined. Ended up leaving with 4x the brass I shot (a few hundred pieces for the reloading bench). This is not a post to brag, just the facts. My .45 act 200 gr SWC rounds with my own cast bullets cost me $0.035 each, the 7.62x39 was from cases that we got for $75 with the SKS rifles years ago and the .22 rounds were $18 for 500 rounds. DO NOT take availability of things for granted. Budget, find it and buy it! I truly hope everyone gets a chance to learn from the current shortage.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    It was a great range day. Wentbout to Crosley this afternoon with a friend from work. Weather was beautiful and the range wasnt too packed. Was good to get out again. Mostly shot M&P22c and the new Wrangler. Really like that six shooter, accurate fun little plinker.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I too went yesterday. It was nice enough that I was able to remove a layer of clothing which made it nice to practice draws.

However, I had this feeling when I left that I was forgetting something. And usually when I get that feeling, I am right. But I ran through my mental list: firearms, ammo, targets, range bag, check.

I take two pistols to the range. One on my hip and the other in the bag. Check.

However, when I got there, realized I had taken my stapler out to do something in my basement and didn't put it back. Solution: used those orange target stickers to put my targets up.

Then I realized I forgot my mag holders.

And finally my holster for the pistol I had in my bag. Doh!

I just switched up some of my drills, and shot some from low ready. Can't really compare my performance between the two pistols due to that, but still a good day at the range!

And I was able to pick up my brass that got lost in the foot of snow from my visit last weekend! And some extra that someone had left behind. :)

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Anybody make it out today? Weather is great, no wind and in the 40's with sunshine. Checked alignment of new sights on an EDC, played with the .22 AR and Ruger MKIII. Busier today than last weekend. I love having access to a range that is $20 a year membership!

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Made it out yesterday with the kids. They did most of the shooting but it’s time well spent. Shot mostly 22 out of the tx22, sr22, 617, and tippman m4. Got to break in the new 986 which was a blast. Anyone in the Marion/Gas city area should check out Deer Creek. It’s a fantastic place to shoot

Top Bottom