Grass pron anyone? (that means photos of your yard)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    27zxbip.jpg

it's a wee little yard but I converted it from a weed lot and haven't had to mow once this season. This is my first attempt at a mow-less yard. Looking forward to seeing how it comes back in the spring...and
    DANG Jack that's some nice yard you have!

What is that variety? It looks plush and full. I'm googling mowless mowfree among other things and finding nothing. Is it your own secret hybrid? If it's not secret, can I get more info? Is that an eco lawn blend of things you have there?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone here seen the 'grass' in the parking lot 'medians' at the Indianapolis Art Museum? It's obviously NOT MOWED. It looks spikey. I kind of like it.

If you're up that way you can't help but notice it. It almost looks like a bunch of low-growing pineapple tops.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Decided to tear up the mulched area around the tree (red bud) in first photos, and put down grass.

Put down Scott's Premium grass seed, Kentucky Blue mix on Saturday evening. This morning, just 5.x days later, I already have pretty good amount of grass over an inch tall! That's gotta be a record for me. Photos from about an hour ago.

Yes, this picture is the growth in just FIVE DAYS! And Kentucky Blue has never been a good starter/grower for me.

grassdew.jpg

Also, I happened to see our newest little friend today, too. He looks like one that I saw about 90 feet away on other side of house last week.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/693/img6777e.jpg

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My grass photo above just popped up as my desktop background (random photos setting).

So, it reminded me of THIS thread.

How's everyone's lawn/grass doing this year? So far, in my own opinion, the weather has been SUPER for good lawns. At least in my neighborhood.

Don't have any recent photos at the moment, though.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Holy smokes! I was thinking about this yesterday and was going to search for it when I got to my pc. Thanks for bringing it back up.

Now for my lawn - I'm not too fanaticle about certain things, but I'm kind of happy that I have repelled most weed seeds (considering all the surrounding properties had a sea of dandelions prior to the rains).
    I'll post a few picks after I sharpen the blades and mow.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Several years back there was a metals processing facility, not too far from where I now live. They closed down and sometime during the last 10 years the EPA came in a conducted a soil survey. They, the EPA, found that there were higher than normal levels of lead in the soil and ordered it to be removed. The photos below are the aftermath:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sod is supposed to be put down sometime this week, and my carpting can not wait.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    err. That would be unnerving.

So how much soil was removed? Just a thin top layer or did they go pretty deep and replace it?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Supposedly 6 inches, but while watching...I'm not so sure. Some spots looked like six inches, others looked like it was just enough to remove the grass.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    What is that variety? It looks plush and full. I'm googling mowless mowfree among other things and finding nothing. Is it your own secret hybrid? If it's not secret, can I get more info? Is that an eco lawn blend of things you have there?

No secret. It's a fescue blend from the link below. It established fast with no weeds in sight so far.
    Wildflower Farm

Top Bottom