• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatchet601

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2022
    Evansville
    How I shimmed the strain screw with the Wilson mainspring, just for reference. The Wilson spring would light off Federal primers reliably, but had a few light strikes on other brands. I couldn't have that, so I shimmed it to add a bit more tension and it's been 100% ever since. I used a spent large pistol primer, I had to file the cup down a bit to allow proper clearance, but there's still enough of a rim left to keep it from slipping out from under the screw. I did have to polish the hooks of the Wilson spring a good bit as it came out of the box with a lot of flashing and burrs. DA is now quite light and extremely smooth and consistent throughout the entire pull. SA is almost scary light.

51648927138_c48586859e_z.jpg

Here's a group at 7 yards, with some modified Altmonts that I had on it at one point. They were nice and concealable in my hiking rig, but slippery and kind of hard to maintain a consistent grip:

51673742843_bba7689816_b.jpg

Here it is in current config with modified Hogue Bantam grips:

52586116506_64d8288a0c_b.jpg
    That is one sweet rig! Good tip on the primer/spring shim.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    I am drooling I have wanted a 625 for years they are hard to find seems like for sure congratulations on a great find. 45 acp in a revolver is the cat's meow for sure.

Top Bottom