• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dagny99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2023
    Indianapolis
    If you thought it was just a 'big city' issue and can't happen here, it seems you were too optimistic.

This is northbound I465, immediately north of Brookville Road, on the east side of the highway.

Community Health Network.

IU (partnered with Methodist) https://iuhealth.org/find-medical-services/lgbt-health

Riley Children's Hospital - https://www.rileychildrens.org/departments/gender-health-program

View attachment 258385
    The progressives have hijacked the paideia (7 liberal arts) a long time ago. Homeschooling has its drawbacks but the overt subversion happening more and more, it looks like it’s the only option. I have two daughters but hesitated starting the homeschool route, in fear that the trickle down scoring (from universities) would hurt even the most decorated homeschoolers by eliminating the option for education beyond the k-12 years (which homeschoolers are getting more and more shut out from). Even with that, I regret the decision to not have started the homeschool path, but my kids are too far in with their k-12 progress so I just try to take every opportunity to counter it that I can.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    The progressives have hijacked the paideia (7 liberal arts) a long time ago. Homeschooling has its drawbacks but the overt subversion happening more and more, it looks like it’s the only option. I have two daughters but hesitated starting the homeschool route, in fear that the trickle down scoring (from universities) would hurt even the most decorated homeschoolers by eliminating the option for education beyond the k-12 years (which homeschoolers are getting more and more shut out from). Even with that, I regret the decision to not have started the homeschool path, but my kids are too far in with their k-12 progress so I just try to take every opportunity to counter it that I can.
    We started homeschooling during the pandemic & never went back. Kids take proctored exams every semester & now test out 18-24 months ahead of their ages. Don't underestimate your ability to teach your own kids, even though the teachers unions cast aspersions on "those dumb parents who think they know better". 180 documented days a year, perfectly legal & no brainwashing to be had. They can still take the SAT or ACT same as any pub schooler and I expect them to do phenomenally. If that causes admission issues with a college, I suspect we wouldn't want them attending there anyway?

dagny99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2023
    Indianapolis
    We started homeschooling during the pandemic & never went back. Kids take proctored exams every semester & now test out 18-24 months ahead of their ages. Don't underestimate your ability to teach your own kids, even though the teachers unions cast aspersions on "those dumb parents who think they know better". 180 documented days a year, perfectly legal & no brainwashing to be had. They can still take the SAT or ACT same as any pub schooler and I expect them to do phenomenally. If that causes admission issues with a college, I suspect we wouldn't want them attending there anyway?
    You are right and I’ve realized that 10-12 years ago when I weighted the decision, college, being socialized….. all pale in comparison to the damage schools are doing to children and teens currently. And even kids fear being socialized as an excuse, I would love to have that problem in comparison. There are so many organized home school communities and even if not, there are so many better and more real ways to socialize kids these days without exposing them to the indoctrination. Kudos for you guys to keep homeschooling after Covid, I regret not doing that with mine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Homeschooler here. Don’t hesitate to start. It’s never too late.

As for college, it’s easier than you think. Mother-in-law is retired college admissions. They had a simple solution for homeschoolers. One semester of academic probation. If the homeschooler couldn’t cut it they were gone. If they did well, they proceeded just like any other College student. It’s not too late.

So unless your concern is they won’t get into Harvard, Rose Hullman, etc. there is a very viable path in home schooling.

Feel free to pm me for info. Lots of resources out there.

Reactions: KG1

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Is university the only option? Entrepreneurs, self employment are two non conventional options. Colleges have become indoctrination centers, literally.

Top Bottom