• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    yea thats i went there saturday afternoon... if the one in store would have been closer in price to the website i would have bought that one. i dont care if its blue or black. its just a range plinker.
    i got the confirmation email that it should arrive there on Thursday. hopefully it gets there before the weekend. i might have to visit freedom firearms this weekend if it does.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ahhh.....that's what I wasn't grasping....ordering online from RKGuns differs from buying in the store unless in stock.

The gun that I was looking at is about $30 cheaper than at my LGS. I'll just buy it from him...he waves my transfers fees from time to time so I'd feel guilty ever time I shot the gun!

Maybe RKGuns is a different corporate entity to shield Rural King from any liability created by a misused firearm.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ahhh.....that's what I wasn't grasping....ordering online from RKGuns differs from buying in the store unless in stock.

The gun that I was looking at is about $30 cheaper than at my LGS. I'll just buy it from him...he waves my transfers fees from time to time so I'd feel guilty ever time I shot the gun!

Maybe RKGuns is a different corporate entity to shield Rural King from any liability created by a misused firearm.

1. That's the way I feel about Chris at Marksman in Westfield: I'm cheap, but I'd rather buy off him even if it was a little more.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Why in god's name would you go to Freedom Firearms? Much better places to go in Allen County, some even in Huntington County.

yea thats i went there saturday afternoon... if the one in store would have been closer in price to the website i would have bought that one. i dont care if its blue or black. its just a range plinker.
    i got the confirmation email that it should arrive there on Thursday. hopefully it gets there before the weekend. i might have to visit freedom firearms this weekend if it does.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Because its close to home and not terriblely priced. I only go there for the indoor range. Their firearms are higher priced. Id rather go to zx guns to buy (and have).

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    the only thing i would call an issue ive had there is now they want you to wear ear plugs AND muffs... kind of overkill if you ask me but they let us use the muffs for free (i typically use ear plugs). but they have never given me a problem taking my son there (hes 10 but has better gun etiquette then many ive seen in Freedom...)

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I love RK. Went for my first time a few months ago. Absolutely my new favorite store. Just sucks it's 1 hr and 12 min one way (that's with no traffic) can't wait to go back just to feel like a kid again.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Because its close to home and not terriblely priced. I only go there for the indoor range. Their firearms are higher priced. Id rather go to zx guns to buy (and have).

My wife & I bought her Sig there a couple of years ago. They were a little higher, but not by much. It was a good overall experience. The staff was knowledgeable & friendly.

Having said that, I prefer the range at Hillside vs. Freedom. Hillside has ballistic panels between the lanes in case you're stuck next to an idiot, and Freedom seems to have pegboard between the lanes. And I could be okay with the pegboard if I hadn't looked up to see the holes in the ceiling at Freedom. That kinda scared me.

I do like RK, too. I think I've bought three handguns there, and a crapton of ammo, targets, tools, soup, belts, candy, etc.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A friend of mine told me years ago, that he was there and someone had an errant discharge. It was the old owners. Ive shot there once. The staff are just off putting.

I no longer live in the area and there are many good ranges down here. Point Blank in Louisville has multiple range officers patrolling to make sure everyone is safe and taken care of.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Every time i go in, I manage to pick something up. Got my NAA 22 magnum derringer revolver there. Just picked up some 12 gauge 00 buck this past weekend, and some .410 000 buck for my son in law.

Top Bottom