• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well as the title says we got robbed today. Went out at lunch with my daughter and the robbery took place while we were gone.

Being lazy the alarm was off. Let that be a lesson you all learn from my experiences as we were only gone 90 minutes. Very little was taken but they did get a few nice watches, one pistol, 2 laptops. Fortunately they were caught in the act by several neighbors. Could have gotten a lot more if they had the time to finish.

One was caught. An urban youth type. 2 others are being sought. One neighbor chased after the get away car at 100mph before giving up. The one left behind was caught by another neighbor who held him at gunpoint with the assistance of 2 other neighbors. The caught guy gave up his accomplices. Police are looking for the other 2 and have names/addresses of the suspects. The sheriff said there is a modest chance of getting some stuff back because of the capture of the one guy.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck. I wouldn't feel "lazy" about the alarm, it's sad that we have to have these things to begin with. If they've gotten one of them, I'd say it's safe to assume they'll get the others. There is no honor among thieves, he'll flip on them most likely. Doubtful you'll get the stuff back but I'm sure you have homeowners insurance.

By the way, buy that neighbor a beer.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Man, I'm sorry to hear this, but very happy that one of the punks was caught. You have some great neighbors!

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Very sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get your stuff back.

Same thing happened to me on 2/22/08. Wife and i had went to the local hardware store for an hour or so and when we returned we saw our door had been kicked in. They had opened the garage, drove their vehicle in and started loading it up. We know this because there were truck tire tracks in my wifes car bay. They took my nightstand gun but left the holster :n00b: , a few watches, wifes jewelry, sons x-box and some petty cash.

We didn't have an alarm, but i don't know how much good it would have done since it took the deputys 90 minutes to get there after my 911 call. No one was ever caught, though we have an idea just no proof.

Good luck.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This appears to be random. Sheriff said there has been a string of robberies in the area (we didn't know about them) and it's likely thes guys are involved in some/all of them. Their string of luck may have ended at my home, but I'm still doubtful we'll get our stuff back. The only stuff I want are the sentimental things.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Goes to show that sometimes no matter how much avoidance you incorporate into your lifestyle, trouble comes looking for you. Glad to hear you are ok. You'll have to bring that neighbor to the next Meet & Shoot.

I haven't checked your other posts ... do you have power back? Maybe these guys heard about the hard luck in your area and decided to take advantage.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sorry to hear about the robbery, but I hope it's the last in your neighborhood. Afterall, now everyone knows the neighborhood is armed and not affraid to protect life and property :yesway: :patriot:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Sorry to hear about the robbery, seems like many of the bad things that happen, happen to good people.

Awesome story about the neighbors though, you have chosen wisely where to live it seems! Crime can happen anywhere, neighbors who will stand up for the safety of the entire community are few and far between.

Top Bottom