Not open for further replies.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Wife is sick, had some breathing issues along with flu symptoms,
    I had it last week, got over it, she has it worse and is going well into second full week.

5 more unvaccinated people out with serious COVID issues where I do business...
    3 unvaccinated at her business out over the weekend and on Monday, 2 in the hospital.
    Thought we might as well get the test since it's free, and if you have been sick required before vaccination.

Took the 15 minute nose swab test, negative, shot.
    All in under half an hour, cost was zero.

Got my 3rd Moderna shot, no heart attack, blood clots, strokes, growing a 3rd eyeball, not pregnant, didn't grow a tail, no urges to go gay or any of the crap spread by conspiracy theories.

The 12 year old that lives in me will poke the shot spot for the next 24 hours to see if it's still sore, but like the first two, I don't expect any side effects other than feeling puny for about 12 hours when the immune system ramps up again.

After that I'll have about 2 weeks of feeling much better since the immune system will be working like it did when I was a teenager.

Let's hope I don't get sick,
    If so about 200,000 meals less meat to Indy and points north, what I'm supposed to do the next couple days.

Most of the complainers about vaccine SHOULD miss a few meals, stupid should have consequences!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wife is sick, had some breathing issues along with flu symptoms,
    I had it last week, got over it, she has it worse and is going well into second full week.

5 more unvaccinated people out with serious COVID issues where I do business...
    3 unvaccinated at her business out over the weekend and on Monday, 2 in the hospital.
    Thought we might as well get the test since it's free, and if you have been sick required before vaccination.

Took the 15 minute nose swab test, negative, shot.
    All in under half an hour, cost was zero.

Got my 3rd Moderna shot, no heart attack, blood clots, strokes, growing a 3rd eyeball, not pregnant, didn't grow a tail, no urges to go gay or any of the crap spread by conspiracy theories.

The 12 year old that lives in me will poke the shot spot for the next 24 hours to see if it's still sore, but like the first two, I don't expect any side effects other than feeling puny for about 12 hours when the immune system ramps up again.

After that I'll have about 2 weeks of feeling much better since the immune system will be working like it did when I was a teenager.

Let's hope I don't get sick,
    If so about 200,000 meals less meat to Indy and points north, what I'm supposed to do the next couple days.

Most of the complainers about vaccine SHOULD miss a few meals, stupid should have consequences!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    artworks-000123065968-qr5sio-t500x500.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was speaking with a physician from Northwestern the other day. Another attorney who was there said that he received a 3rd shot. The doctor was surprised and asked how he got access as they are not doing boosters yet. The attorney said that he just went to Walgreens and got it. They didn't ask.

The physician warned that it is not known whether simply getting another shot of the same vaccine at this time will have any benefit. There is some evidence that if a "booster" is received before it is needed, it may reduce the effectiveness as it may not provoke as robust an immune response as it would at a more distant time from the original vaccine.

Further, when true "booster" shots roll out, the goal is to have them somewhat adjusted to more directly address the known variants of concern rather than just being the same formula as before.

On that note, I was informed last week that the vaccine study I am a part of is planning booster shots, but there is no firm date. I think they don't want the subjects going out and getting "outside" shots and thereby ruining the study. The thought had never occurred to me.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was speaking with a physician from Northwestern the other day. Another attorney who was there said that he received a 3rd shot. The doctor was surprised and asked how he got access as they are not doing boosters yet. The attorney said that he just went to Walgreens and got it. They didn't ask.

The physician warned that it is not known whether simply getting another shot of the same vaccine will have any benefit and there is some belief that if a "booster" is received before it is needed, it may reduce the effectiveness as it may not provoke as robust an immune response. Further, when true "booster" shots roll out, the goal is to have them somewhat adjusted to more directly address the known variants of concern rather than just being the same formula as before.

On that note, I was informed last week that the vaccine study I am a part of is planning booster shots, but there is no firm date. I think they don't want the subjects going out and getting "outside" shots and thereby ruining the study. The thought had never occurred to me.
    Fortunately for JH, science isn’t necessary when you can blindly do what you’re told. Looking down your nose at others is just a bonus prize!

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    After all the conspiracy theories, I'm actually disappointed I didn't grow a 3rd arm or tail,
    Both would be useful!

I REALLY don't care what your cousin's next door neighbor's, mechanic read on the internet...

As to the conspiracy theories,
    Do all the backflips you want trying to justify the idiotic crap,

When you get through medical school, get through virology/infectious disease internship, get the rest of the education & degrees,
    Then I will give you an ear for 10 minutes or so...

Otherwise, I'll stick with what the ACTUAL DOCTORS tell me to do.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    After all the conspiracy theories, I'm actually disappointed I didn't grow a 3rd arm or tail,
    Both would be useful!

I REALLY don't care what your cousin's next door neighbor's, mechanic read on the internet...

As to the conspiracy theories,
    Do all the backflips you want trying to justify the idiotic crap,

When you get through medical school, get through virology/infectious disease internship, get the rest of the education & degrees,
    Then I will give you an ear for 10 minutes or so...

Otherwise, I'll stick with what the ACTUAL DOCTORS tell me to do.
    The scientists are saying I don’t need the vaccine since I have already recovered from COVID. I guess we’ll both follow the scientists we agree with, but I’ll not be condescending about it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A doctor who tells someone without a specific condition to get a third shot at this point has as much "science" behind that recommendation as those recommending Ivermectin. Maybe less.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

The physician warned that it is not known whether simply getting another shot of the same vaccine at this time will have any benefit. There is some evidence that if a "booster" is received before it is needed, it may reduce the effectiveness as it may not provoke as robust an immune response as it would at a more distant time from the original vaccine.

Further, when true "booster" shots roll out, the goal is to have them somewhat adjusted to more directly address the known variants of concern rather than just being the same formula as before.

I have no idea what "Study" you are in or what vaccine you are getting, that's your business.

I had a lingering upper respiratory infection, which isn't uncommon seeing I'm missing 1/2 lung on one side, 1/4 of the other...
    Then the wife got it, so it wasn't just me.
    I finally got over it, she hasn't and she usually bounces right out of colds/flu, so this is unusual.

Went to see the doctor, they required COVID tests FIRST, and they were negative.
    She got antibiotics, I got the booster.
    They won't give her the booster because no preexisting condition and she's sick.

Boosters have been going out to preexisting conditions, but I didn't know it. I didn't expect them until the 20th, and around here about a month later...

Since side effects more than just feeling droopy for 6-12 hours are under 1/1,000,000 (that's less than one in one million)
    And even less with Moderna, why not?

It gives me about 12-24 hours of entertainment poking the shot spot to see if it's sore!
    The 12 year old in me needs entertainment too! ;)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    A doctor who tells someone to get a third shot at this point has as much "science" behind that recommendation as those recommending Ivermectin. Maybe less.

Literally NO MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL has recommended a WORMER for a viral infection.

Now, if EWE are a sheep... Blindly following conspiracy theory/political dogma...
    By all means, get a wormer and clear the crap out of you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom