• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Picked up my new M&P9 Shield yesterday at Herndon's Gun and Ammo in bloomfield. Got a great deal on it. I took it out and put a few magazines through it last night, and it shoots great! I may think about putting an APEX trigger in it, but the stock one isnt bad. Anyway, just thought i would share with everyone.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Very nice. I was thrilled about the Shield when it first came out and then became discouraged as I couldn't find one anywhere and there were over 100 on GunBroker. Maybe I will resume my search in earnest: more and more seem to be popping up in LGSs.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Yeah, he is a good guy. I believe that is my 6th gun purchase there. He didnt have the Shield in stock, but i told him i wanted one and he got one in about a week and a half for me. Called me when he got it and held it for me until i came to look at it. Hickman, i dont know how long its been since your boy played baseball with his, but his older son is in the service , and his younger son goes to Linton School and plays football. They are all nice people.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Good find, congrats. I picked up a Shield 9MM about 2 weeks ago and took it out this past weekend. Im a big fan of the gun...but everything i shot (7-10yards) was about 4" low and 1-2" right, no matter what i did to try and fix it. With my G22, im dead on at almost any (reasonable) distance. Maybe im gripping the smaller frame too tight? :dunno:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Good find, congrats. I picked up a Shield 9MM about 2 weeks ago and took it out this past weekend. Im a big fan of the gun...but everything i shot (7-10yards) was about 4" low and 1-2" right, no matter what i did to try and fix it. With my G22, im dead on at almost any (reasonable) distance. Maybe im gripping the smaller frame too tight? :dunno:

Are you thumbs forward with your support hand as forward as it can be?
    That worked well for me. :)

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Congrats! The Shield is a great gun. I haven't had anything but good experiences with it. No malfunctions in probably 800 rounds. It feels comfortable and I like shooting it better than any other gun I've shot, including my dad's M&P9c, G22, Ruger LC9 etc... I wish it had higher capacity. I'd like to get a bigger gun, but don't have the $$$ right now. But I don't want to part with my Shield to get the money something bigger.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Before you decide to put the apex kit shoot 2-300 rounds. The trigger eases up a little bit after a break in period.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Very nice. I was thrilled about the Shield when it first came out and then became discouraged as I couldn't find one anywhere and there were over 100 on GunBroker. Maybe I will resume my search in earnest: more and more seem to be popping up in LGSs.

US Defense Solutions in Greenwood has a .40 Shield in stock, or at least they did about 15 minutes ago.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    The shield is a great gun. I bought mine for iwb carry and it is noticeably slimmer than the glock 19. I did put talon grips on it to help me get a better grip and I have been impressed with how well it shoots.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Waited 4 months to get the one I ordered. Shoots nice but I am still working on the aim thing. Definite IWB carry plan. Fits nice in my console too.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I purchased one a while back. It point shoots great, I have put a couple hundred rounds through it, and am really impressed with the way it handles and it's accuracy for such a small pistol. I knew it had a lower capacity but that is the trade off for compact carry. If I feel the need to carry more I can, but for every day convenience I feel it would be reliable and accurate. There are times you want a much smaller carry gun and this fits the compact category nicely. I am very pleased with the gun, and will not get rid of it any time soon.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Update:
    Took it out and spent some time with it on saturday. It functioned perfect, but it seemed to shoot a little high and left. I adjusted the rear sight and now it just shoots a touch high. I just need to get used to stacking hte target on top of my front sight. It does shoot very well, very smooth, and my groups were good and tight. Overall i am very impressed, and happy with the gun. Now i just need to wait on my crossbreed to get here

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Have you tried a G26

The shield is a great gun. I bought mine for iwb carry and it is noticeably slimmer than the glock 19. I did put talon grips on it to help me get a better grip and I have been impressed with how well it shoots.

MadCHETNIK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Congrats on the purchase.

Depending on your situation i would recommend getting an apex trigger installed. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but it absolutely did and i love the shield even more now.

Top Bottom