Google bans Parler app, Asks Apple to follow...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Before the end of the year would be my guess if the fevered attempts to censor conservatives are any indication of what to expect.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Could it be that it's time that we start TALKING to reach other again? I suspect we wouldn't be at this point if we (as a society) weren't fanning the flames over social media in the first place. People are much more reasonable and less extreme in real life I've found. And less tin foil is needed. I suspect we'll be needing a lot more time foil soon.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Im afraid this is only the starting point of the mass silencing. Things have gone from 0-100 so quick over the past 8 years I really dont know what to think anymore. Some of the policies Im hearing of now make me an instant felon so there is that to worry about now to yippee.

The more it happens the more acceptable it will become.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last edited:

BadWolf5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Marshall County

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Im afraid this is only the starting point of the mass silencing. Things have gone from 0-100 so quick over the past 8 years I really dont know what to think anymore. Some of the policies Im hearing of now make me an instant felon so there is that to worry about now to yippee.

The more it happens the more acceptable it will become.

It seems it has ton 0-100 in the last 24 hours. Went from trump Twitter ban to fox new/oan ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh my God the irony is so heavy I can't breathe. The left is criticizing a media organization for putting out false information. That's some funny :poop: right there. How do these people take themselves seriously?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Give them another couple of weeks and any organization or person claiming to be providing news will either be reporting that Biden has grown wings and is crapping gold flakes or getting their licenses pulled. I though Obama weaponizing the IRS was bad, I have a feeling Biden is gonna make that look like a junior varsity prank.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It would seem that some Amazon employees are demanding the Amazon deny services to Paler until they start censoring their content to what's acceptable to the Left.

Pinned Tweet

Amazon Employees For Climate Justice

@AMZNforClimate

Enough is enough. Amazon hosts Parler on
    @awscloud
    . As Amazon workers, we demand Amazon deny Parler services until it removes posts inciting violence, including at the Presidential inauguration. We cannot be complicit in more bloodshed and violent attacks on our democracy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On third thought, maybe use DuckDuckGo or Brave. The announcement from Firefox surprised me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what firefox announcement?

And I'm already using DDG.

Aaaaaand now Apple followed suit and has banned Parler from the App store. So far they are still allowing it to run on existing phones, but if the app gets damaged or you get a new phone, no new downloads. effing fascists.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The switch to the new format in order to have a more significant search presence may be a double edged sword
    Yep. No offense to Tex, but really hoping he is investing his ad revenue wisely. Sites like this could come to an end soon.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    what firefox announcement?

And I'm already using DDG.

Aaaaaand now Apple followed suit and has banned Parler from the App store. So far they are still allowing it to run on existing phones, but if the app gets damaged or you get a new phone, no new downloads. effing fascists.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tangential to this topic but I use the following:

Brave Browser
    Based on Chrome but more privacy than Firefox. Tor is builtin.

Proton Apps
    For email, VPN (including secure core), Calendar, all encrypted on Swiss servers. They also have a completely private Cloud service in beta that I find very nice. Supposed to release in the next month or so.

Signal
    For secure texting with disappearing messages

Top Bottom