• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I have had a few Ingo people to my home as well.

I feel safer and know I a better defense can be made by me or a family member in my own home. Majority of the time it is in a public place at the others request. I would never go to a police station. Seems like an easy way to be detained for an hour while getting illegally searched bc you want to cooperate. Nothing to hide but really none of their business and better to avoid. Rather have them out catching bad guys than wasting time on old guys in broad daylight.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel safer and know I a better defense can be made by me or a family member in my own home. Majority of the time it is in a public place at the others request. I would never go to a police station. Seems like an easy way to be detained for an hour while getting illegally searched bc you want to cooperate. Nothing to hide but really none of their business and better to avoid. Rather have them out catching bad guys than wasting time on old guys in broad daylight.

To each their own. I prefer not inviting strangers to my home. But I know quite a few INGOers that I'd invite over in a heartbeat. Thats the joy of this place. Craigslist or other site where I dont know the other party? Not a chance. ESPECIALLY some of the people Ive dealt with there. Like the couple that showed up to by a gaming console and I swear I had a contact buzz afterward.

Funny thing though, I did one deal with a nice gent here that set off my spidey senses right away. "How about the strip club parking lot on Madison?" ummmmmmm NO! (It was an innocent request, though pretty sketch at first. He was actually on the up and up and worked across the street at an auto shop.) :):

Actually, due to the issues with Craigslist deals going south, many police stations are setting up safe transaction places in their parking lots where you are encouraged to do your transactions. (but I understand that concern)

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i had a snowmobile for sale and a local guy came by and wanted it and traded 2 guns for it. thats the only time ive bought a gun at a store.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some police stations have a special "internet safe space".Apparently it's a new thing.
    They just put a sign in their parking lot and call it a "safe space".

I guess people couldn't meet there before they added signs and special markings? :dunno:

police-safe-zone.jpg

920x920.jpg

internet-exchange-zone.jpg

Of course when it comes to police stations and guns, having two cars parked in front of the station with people fondling long guns in their trunk might lead to a special police response.

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Maybe I'm old school but having people out to my house or going to theirs doesn't bother me. I am a contractor and in and out of homes daily so I'm used to it. Most items I deal with are higher end be it firearms, tools or music equipment. These tend to attract better clientele and never really been in a situation where I was worried whether at a home or in public. The times I've gone to people's homes it has actually been a good time bc I able to see other cool stuff in their collection.

Maybe im naive but most people are honest enough and do the right thing. There are always some bad apples so I prepare for them just the way I prepare for any bad situation. However, chances are it will be fine. If uncomfortable I just meet at Home Depot

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I've used the Marsh parking lot. Don't know what I'll do now that they are closing. Maybe Kroger?

Try a hardware store or maybe a farm supply store. Normally the people that visit those don't think twice about people looking at firearms. Like I said earlier, I've done a number of deals in the homedepot parking lot but also have traded a few firearms at Rural King without a problem.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's like a gun free zone being considered safe.

But this one is safe for real!
    Haven't you seen the blue paint??? :):

And they have cameras pointed at the "safe zone" so if you get stabbed during your "internet safe sale" the police might find the guy who did it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've used restaurants, gas stations (that's the first time I met CM), a jewelry store, Gander Mountain, and Wal-mart. Any place public, preferably with video, during the daylight. For my few non-INGO transactions, I always make sure to talk with them on the phone. When I sold my truck (ended up selling it on INGO) I had a few people respond to the Craigslist ad that were just way too shady for me to meet up with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've used restaurants, gas stations (that's the first time I met CM), a jewelry store, Gander Mountain, and Wal-mart. Any place public, preferably with video, during the daylight. For my few non-INGO transactions, I always make sure to talk with them on the phone. When I sold my truck (ended up selling it on INGO) I had a few people respond to the Craigslist ad that were just way too shady for me to meet up with.

Coming from a squared away cop, that speaks volumes.

When a cop doesnt want to interact FTF with you, thats saying something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Coming from a squared away cop, that speaks volumes.

When a cop doesnt want to interact FTF with you, thats saying something.

Yeah, I'd rather miss a possible sale than have to deal with the hassle of an attempt robbery or deal with some counterfeit bill scheme or whatever.

I insist you talk to me on the phone first. You can get a lot out of someone's tone of voice, word choice, etc. that you can't get from text. It also lets me see if your phone number is a real number or a burner number off a website. There are websites you can text for free from and you get a new number every time, I won't deal with anyone using them. You can use free online carrier lookup tools to see if a number is a real carrier or not. If you won't talk, you're sketchy and I won't bother with you.

If you offer me more money than I'm asking if I'll come to you, you're sketchy and I'm not bothering with you.

If you won't meet me in public because "my ride is down", pass. Not only are you sketchy, you're broke.

Oddly, when I sold my Goldwing I had no issues. When I sold my truck, I had a bunch of sketchy contacts. Probably fewer of the thuglettes know how to ride a motorcycle, plus you can't really drive through gun store window with one...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow, you folks don't do this much do you? :)

The first thing you do is look at their INGO post history to see who you are dealing with.

Second, evaluate whether you want to deal with that member vs the next.

Third, communicate very clearly with exact detail of what will be happening. Never assume the other party knows what you mean. (I do a lot of private transactions. I just lost $ today, because I assumed the other party knew something they did not. My fault, not theirs. I paid an unnecessary PayPal fee.)

If you are selling, specify that by meeting they are saying "I'll take it." This is not shopping or looky lou. As long as the product is as advertised, they need to have exact change in cash to pay as agreed. Negotiations are done before both parties leave their house.

Swap telephone numbers and verify with a couple txt's giving the vehicles both parties will be driving.

Pick a moderately busy parking lot with easy access, where you can meet separate from the busy crowds. McDonald's, Lowes, Menards, some Walmarts (not the ghetto ones,) rural convenience stores. Don't be afraid to change to a nearby location if the lot looks too full, you would be cramped into a small space or the crowd appears unsavory.

Buyer or seller, never get out your wallet. Put payment, DL, LTCH in a separate pocket prior to meet. Received payment goes into pocket, the same way.

Do not do your transaction, then go into the business. Drive elsewhere to eat, fuel or go to the bathroom. You can never know who is watching. You and your vehicle should be considered targets until you can separate yourself from the transaction.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Try a hardware store or maybe a farm supply store. Normally the people that visit those don't think twice about people looking at firearms. Like I said earlier, I've done a number of deals in the homedepot parking lot but also have traded a few firearms at Rural King without a problem.

This. I've used a Tractor Supply, an auto parts store, and a range for transactions in addition to restaurants and grocery stores.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Just to reiterate. I'm the buyer and the seller is someone here on INGO.

So it's safer to bring a buddy along.

Public place

Get there early

Keep your ID and cash in a different pocket out of your wallet.

After transaction, just leave, don't linger

Of course, check the gun before closing the deal

Top Bottom